cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iain Duncan Smith In The Dock Again Over Unlawful Atos Assessments

TORPC
Grafter

Iain Duncan Smith In The Dock Again Over Unlawful Atos Assessments

[quote= http://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2014/07/02/iain-duncan-smith-in-the-dock-again-over-unlawful-atos-assessments/]The DWP are back in court next week for the closing part of a successful challenge to the despised Work Capability Assessment (WCA).
This is the test run by Atos which is used to find people ‘fit for work’ and stop their sickness or disability benefits.  It is mired in chaos with a huge backlog of appeals and an ever growing number of tragic deaths linked to the process.  Even Atos themselves are pulling out of the assessments after fierce campaigning saw their carefully managed corporate identity demolished due to their involvement in the cruel and bungled system.
3 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Iain Duncan Smith In The Dock Again Over Unlawful Atos Assessments

given that the judicial review of the system took so long to come about it makes you wonder who's pulling the strings, WCA's were about and churning thousands off sickness benefits (unlawfully) for years before the coalition got into power, if they could initiate the PIP system faster the whole fiasco would of been over and done with already, and that's totally ignoring the fact that when labour implemented WCA with the introduction of ESA and the scrapping of all the existing ill health systems they commissioned ATOS to perform those assessments with unqualified people at a cut price rate and then offered them a big fat bonus for every thousand declared fit for work .......
as someone who cant walk more than a few steps unaided I was deemed as not being old enough to have the problems listed on the claim form and as such declared "fit for work" when I attended the job centre I was directed to the tribunal helpdesk and asked " what are those idiots trying to do overload the workplace with sickies" the queue for the tribunals help desk was 45 strong and it was only 10 minutes after the office opened with that days intake of newly declared "fit for work"  fortunately that was the first and only time I had to go through that fact finding stage and was afterwards able to follow the process without needing to visit the job centre,
but lets not forget that ATOS recalled a lot of people just weeks after there successful tribunal hearing for a reassessment and kicked off the whole merry go round again and that is there own fault since there not supposed to do that for at least 1 year after the hearing is concluded, never mind that your supposed to get the first 18 weeks without an assessment (but you do require medical proof and a fortnightly sick chit off the GP) but they call people in for there first assessment (based on age) within days of the claim form arriving and then totally ignor the medical proof of any condition(s) ...

IDS has failed the country because his reforms are taking too long and the whole ESA/WCA system should of been returned to the NHS a week after he got the job to get things put in order, he also should of halted the transfer of legacy patients until the new system was up and running, and for that I truly dislike him
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

There is another court case he lost where he tried to block the public seeing the report done by the DWP of the risks of universal credit.  The DWP have drawn up some kind of risk list of which he has spent months trying to block public exposure and spent tens of thousands of pounds on the legal costs of doing so, he failed and I assume this will be revealed in due course also.
TORPC
Grafter

I think he should be tried & hung for his criminlalistic policies etc & so should his think tank
It is now time for the people to make a stand & face their fears of the likes of IDS, & do a modern day version of a JFK on IDS, by placing IDS in stocks in the busiest part of the country, & shame him with rotten fruit & veg etc.
That said
I suspect that IDS would secretly like it ?Huh