Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITN's Alastair Stewart.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

ITN's Alastair Stewart.

What a rotten way to have to end your career.

Reading this morning that ITN's Alastair Stewart is stepping down after a tweeting a line from Shakespeare. Is this what the world has come to when even that most famous of bards cannot be quoted?

Named presenter of the year 2005, awarded an OBE in 2006, and now this because some sensitive snowflake got upset. Sheesh.

Terrible times, and there is going to be a terrible backlash against the wokes of this world in the very near future if I'm not mistaken.

"So sweet was ne'er so fatal...."

Oh hang on, let's not start the feminists off as well. 😉

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
8 REPLIES 8
gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Re: ITN's Alastair Stewart.

It will not be long before some of these works have to be rewritten because they offend one or two people.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

Weren't they originally written by one of an infinite number of monkeys with typewriters anyway?

Or have I got that wrong?

And can I say "monkey"?

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Well you can't say APE.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
wotsup
Seasoned Champion

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10848786/alastair-stewart-step-down-itv/

This is what the liberal left have done to our society,  everyone is either already a victim or is encouraged to become one ASAP....  I also just love it when one or two people of the millions that have seen it complain about an advert - and it gets banned - and I was always taught that democracy was rule by the majority - not if you are a liberal its not, it is rule by minority.

I love to watch out for 'politically correct' adverts now, you have a black father, a white mother, a a son of a colour somewhere in between and a girl who is often blonde,  there is a knock on the door and there is another family there, one with a turban etc. etc........

I often wonder if this tyrrany by minorities is what happens when you let women get involved in politics... ( ducks ) they are well known as appeasers.

RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

@gleneagles wrote:

Well you can't say APE.

Great!

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

Here is an interview with Andrew Doyle - an hour long but gives his take on the 'woke' movement.

https://youtu.be/IqQBLIzDDUQ

A Karl Marx quote sums up the this woke culture; Accuse your enemy of what you are doing, as you are doing It, to create confusion'

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro

@wotsup wrote:

A Karl Marx quote sums up the this woke culture; Accuse your enemy of what you are doing, as you are doing It, to create confusion'

With several variations ranging from Sun Tzu to Goebbels. My favorite unattibutable warning with particular reference to the internet is:

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you on their own terms."

Hey ho.....

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

My current favourite is; sorry for calling you and idiot, I thought you already knew. 😂

Things are certainly turning against these woke lifestyle bullies and the social liberalism of which they are the spawn are heading for one hell of a car crash. Sense it at last taking the place of stupidity as political correctness and whinging from the likes of Owen Jones are held to account.

You don't have to be homophobic or anti-left to dislike the guy, anti-woke is more than enough.

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.