cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT bits

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

IT bits

I seem to have accumulated several boxes of odd IT bits and pieces i.e. routers, cables (USB, Serial, Parallel, ethernet, BT phone cables), keyboards, portable printers, various power converters.
I've tried freecycle, no takers, seems a shame to throw them in the bin:- any ideas
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: IT bits

Donate to local scouts?  (they can probably sell it at one of their "do`s"
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Quote from: journeys
I seem to have accumulated several boxes of odd IT bits and pieces i.e. routers, cables (USB, Serial, Parallel, ethernet, BT phone cables), keyboards, portable printers, various power converters.
Snap and as I build my own computers a fair selection of old hard drives (very low capacity)  network cards, dial up modem, etc. but being a bit of a hoarder I keep them just in case and they actually do come in useful occasionally
Fixes: 47

Quote from: Oldjim
being a bit of a hoarder I keep them just in case

Me too Embarrassed
In fact when I was working people would come into my office and say "do you really need all that stuff?" to which I would reply "If I threw it away I would need it"
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
pierre_pierre
Grafter

just been looking through my old hard drives ex lap tops and desk now in cadies to find some lost info, the smallest was 8G, and to think I have a 16G UB stick
think my first desk top years ago had a massive 25M HD
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: journeys
I've tried freecycle, no takers, seems a shame to throw them in the bin:- any ideas
You will struggle to beat me, I have got several BBC computers plus all leads (rsb leads) and hard drive along with an amega, 12 B&W Monitor, hundreds of 5.25 floppy disks and enough leads and connectors to start my own shop.
For some reason I can never throw things out, perhaps it part of the history of my life, just like some people keep diaries & photographs I keep all this clutter and pretend that one day it will come in useful.
It is not unknown for me to go out and buy some lead or connector only to discover I had one all the time in some box or drawer.

I also have several BBC 'B' computers in the loft with some floppy drives and monitors.
I thought about renewing the loft insulation but reckon the amount of stuff up there is doing a fair job itself.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I have 250 GB of Write Only Memory 666 MHz - yours for a quid
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Same with me, a couple of drawers full of outdated bits and pieces that'll I'll never use but, can't bear the thought of throwing them away. And there lays the issue. I think, we become so attached to this junk that they become almost family. I had some old Atari games consul kit that I after much heart wrenching gave away to a museum. You cannot imagine the relief I felt when the deed was done.
Just chuck it away guy's you'll feel better for it and, have more room for the next load.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.

....or you could put up some more shelves making space for more junk.....maybe bought from the local car boot sale Roll eyes
Fixes: 125

I have a plethroa of cables and connectors ranging from audio/video to PC and more.
SWMBO finally sorted them into their various types and put them in bags and boxes. Very handy and has saved me quite a bit recently.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still