cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS Attacks US Military

Community Veteran

IS Attacks US Military

It is reported that ISIS sympathizers have hacked into the social media accounts of the US military's Central Command in Florida. Face book has been attacked similarly. Names of serving officers have been published.
IS Attack

13 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: IS Attacks US Military

This was briefly mentioned on the BBC News but exactly what has been hacked ? It says the Twitter account so I assume the names and personal details of military personnel have been accessed by ISIS so the weak security is with those who run twitter rather than some US Government military site.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: artmo
It is reported that ISIS sympathizers have hacked into the social media accounts of the US military's Central Command in Florida. Face book has been attacked similarly. Names of serving officers have been published.
IS Attack

Wern't you one of the anti dailymail link posting brigade just a short while back?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

@gleneagles, details are at present somewhat vague but it appears names of members of the US Military have been published. I( assume more info will be issued later.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful...

How hypocritical can anyone be?
Not young enough to know everything
Steve
Pro

Funny old world ain't it. A Belgian branch of the hacker group Anonymous has declared a war on ISIL and al-Qaeda terrorist groups in revenge for a recent deadly attack on the Paris office of the satirical weekly magazine Charlie Hebdo.
Fixes: 47

Quote from: Strat
Religion is the anvil upon which hypocrisy is forged.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

artmo is like the british press, misleading headlines.
Community Veteran

Did you read the article Roll eyes
Community Veteran

The US Military are playing the hack down but it's certainly a propaganda coup for the terrorists.
Latest
I would imagine there are some hasty appraisals of security being carried out tonight.
Community Veteran

no
next time paste the content here.
But if its down to a internet attack the title is misleading.  Made me think ISIS attacked an outpost or something.
Community Veteran

Quote from: M
Funny old world ain't it. A Belgian branch of the hacker group Anonymous has declared a war on ISIL and al-Qaeda terrorist groups in revenge for a recent deadly attack on the Paris office of the satirical weekly magazine Charlie Hebdo.

Funny old world indeed! It all seems to be on its head these days.. terrorists fighting terrorists, leaders of countries that dislike the free press walking arm in arm supporting and defending the free press, Strat quoting his own quotes...  Wink
I'll bet future generations will look back to these last few years with disbelief at the oddities that have been going on - not just in political and religious circles but foreigners winning Britains Got Talent...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Once upon a time, hacking referred to dismantling electronics and turning them into something more useful, amazing how words are re-purposed to mean bad things...
As for one group hacking another, meh, happens every day, the people of the world cared more about Playstation Network and xbox live being hacked at christmas, a cowardly group attacking social networking accounts relating to military personnel is not really an issue... Smiley
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Obviously the Americans were using "Military grade" security protocols - not.  Grin Grin Grin