cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPAD NOT LINKING TO ROUTER SINCE iOS 11 installed

howardjohnson48

IPAD NOT LINKING TO ROUTER SINCE iOS 11 installed

Can anyone advise me - my ipad has worked ok with plusnet for a few weeks but since I altered the password on plusnet and installed iOS 11 on my ipad I cannot link to plusnet every conceivable password has been used but I keep getting message password incorrect or cannot join plusnet network.  I have spoken to both Apple and Plusnet but in neither case has there been a resolution but some talk of returning to factory settings - promised an email on this from Apple but none received.  I am on plusnet re my desk top Mac which is on El Capitan and on my Samsung mobile phone so internet is arriving in my household.  I have opened MAC both almost on top of router and by my desktop but same response.  Would be grateful if someone could advise me.  Unfortunately I am told once you upgrade the iOS system you cannot go back down to iOS 10.

thanks for any advice

Howard Johnson

1 REPLY
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: IPAD NOT LINKING TO ROUTER SINCE iOS 11 installed

The new password is working on your other devices? When you say altered the password on PlusNet, do you mean an account password, or just the Wi-Fi one?

Depending on your iPad model, I would try and do a soft reset. It doesn't wipe any data. So Google "iPad (model number) soft reset", and it'll tell you the button combination you need to hold down.

I had a similar problem with my iPhone not connecting to networks, though it didn't tell me the password was wrong just wouldn't connect for some reason and a soft reset fixed it.