IOS 7 makes the iPhone waterfproof!!!

http://news.sky.com/story/1145439/waterproof-iphone-advert-owners-fooled
Some people haven't got the sense they were born with!  Wink
Geoff,
York.
4 REPLIES
CX
Grafter

Re: IOS 7 makes the iPhone waterfproof!!!

incredible. Apple have finally managed to create a phone that surpasses the intelligence of its owner.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Now,...... wouldn`t that be a terrific "sales coup" ? ? ?      Shocked    get people to think they had made it waterproof,.... then find out it ain`t...        Cry    then have to go and buy a new one ! ! ...  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

While it's quite believable that a special new total power down mode would help reduce damage, surely owners must have realised that some components like speakers or LCDs are still likely to be damaged by a dunking in water?
I would say a good lesson learned but if you're that stupid it would never take.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

What was the point of performing the test? If it worked (!) one is no better off than not having performed the test.  When it didn't one has lost a few hundred pounds.
When I bought double glazing I was shown a video how the toughened glass would withstand impact from a heavy weight. After I had bought it I didn't feel the urge to put it to the test.
(I have seen on TV treatments that can be given to mobile phones to make them water resistant. I think that involved nano particles. As far as I could judge this was in a reputable programme and not an April 1st jest.)