Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMF Boss

nadger
Rising Star

IMF Boss

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13420440
Does anyone else find this story rather strange?
Chamber maid goes into his suite and he allegedly comes out, naked, from bathroom and chases her round room etc etc.
If he was in shower he might not have heard her enter room and was as surprised as she was when he came out of bathroom. Was maid going though his belongings when he entered room.
He later phones hotel, from JFK, to say he's left his phone in the room.
No wonder a lot of French people think he'd been set-up.
Be interesting to watch it on French news in hotel, at Dunkerque, tomorrow evening.
20 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: IMF Boss

Did you see the following in the report?
Prosecutors told the court it was not the first time Mr Strauss-Kahn had been involved in such an incident and argued he had been arrested attempting to flee the country.
Community Veteran

On C4 News last night they stated a number of previous incidents so he appears to have past form as itsme said.  At least one incident happened in France where the law projects him from being named.  Guess any chance he had of becoming the next president of France look pretty slim now.
nadger
Rising Star

As he had meetings in Europe one assumes that his flight had been pre-booked and would he have phoned the hotel about his mobile.
One imagines that the previous incident is the alleged one from 2002.
I'm not defending rape or sexual assault in any way.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

isn't DSK's nickname le lapin à chaud (the hot rabbit) or have I read that somewhere
Community Veteran

@nadger, I think you are right about the previous incident dating back to 2002 and I think this was also in the US.  According to C4 News other incidents have now come to light in France which have not been made public before.
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: journeys
le lapin à chaud (the hot rabbit)
If you google le chaud lapin don't let the children look  Wink
ps I'd have thought it was le lapin chaud.
Fixes: 47

It led me to a very amusing video Grin
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Quote from: nadger
ps I'd have thought it was le lapin chaud.

your correct (Or pehaps le chaud lapin), I know the words, getting them in the right order is the problem Embarrassed
Community Veteran

I was listening to the radio today and it reminded me of something mentioned on TV last night.  When Strauss-Kahn was given the IMF job the French president warned him that his behaviour in France would not be tolerated in the US where they have totally different social values.  Perhaps he should have listened.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Wonder what would have happened if this had occured in one of the EU Countries.
I Guess if it happened here there would be a gagging order in place and the thing would have been dealt with quietly.
Community Veteran

@gleneagles, very good point couldn't have happened in Europe? think your right.
Slightly off topic:- IMO there is something inherently wrong with the head of IMF being from a European (1) country (or the USA), both are major debtors to the IMF (like putting the fox in control of the hen house). Ten-fifteen years ago would have been different. I’m surprised one of the BRIC or huge creditor nations don’t object.
(1) Apart from Germany and Netherlands
Community Veteran

@journeys, apparently it's a tradition that the head of the IMF comes from Europe.  Yesterday the German chancellor was canvassing for a replacement and made it clear she wanted a European.
Community Veteran

@artmo, I was aware of the tradition, am just surprised (in recent times) that the major creditor nations don't object.
Community Veteran

Quote from: journeys
@gleneagles, very good point couldn't have happened in Europe? think your right.

You may be right there as according to Sarkozy it's been an open secret for a long time.  These things have a way of getting out though, just look at the Huhne saga to see how things come out.