cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID Cards for All

Community Veteran

ID Cards for All

Next month the government is to launch an online ID card for everyone. It looks an interesting scheme and I look forward to seeing the final details.
Online ID
Security seems to be at a high level as well.
3 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: ID Cards for All

I already have a Government Gateway ID which allows me to access certain services online and that works well for me.
Not sure I would want any further private/personal files/data saved online in a government scheme, though.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

The info the government plan to make available to us is already existing on various systems so they will simply be pulling it all together in one place. Sounds a sensible idea to me.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Not sure I would trust the government with personal information based on their past performance.
I accept they have got much of it on various locations but if it ever got into the wrong hands all you would get from the government is some inquiry that would take years, cost millions and be of no help to those who had been affected.
Just seems like more of the big brother stuff to me.
Just look at the DVLA and councils selling your data to various people and you trust the government ?
Not me. No thanks.