cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wouldn't wish BT on my worst enemy!

Devonian
Grafter

I wouldn't wish BT on my worst enemy!

OK Im not going to go through all the bizzare history I have with BT and its incompetance, as many of you would have read my thread on here about the problems migrating to PlusNet.
I have finally moved my phone and broadband and have no service with BT.
Today guess what I received in the email... a bill from BT...
Guess what for?
Next months subscription for phone/broadband and vision!!
I have phoned BT... guess what the idiots in India have to say... Apparantly I have not migrated my service, I am still a BT customer, PLUSNET have cocked up the migration order so I will not be migrating my service, and whats more if I  don't pay my bill by next friday they are going to restrict my line!!
I told BT I will not be paying a penny, I have also told them that if they want any money from me, they can take me to court, where I can fight them face to face with cold hard evidence infront of a magistrate.
BT India hung up!!!!

I really REALLY can't understand how a company like BT can be so appalingly bad in every shape and form.
Out of all the companies trading in UK I would LOVE bt to go down the pan, I really would. 
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: I wouldn't wish BT on my worst enemy!

So are you going to make a claim against them for harassment?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Steve
Pro

Quote from: Devonian
Out of all the companies trading in UK I would LOVE bt to go down the pan, I really would. 
That makes two of us Smiley
Devonian
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
So are you going to make a claim against them for harassment?

Whats the point mate, BT would fight it all the way!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Steve
Quote from: Devonian
That makes two of us Smiley

And me.
I've had enough of those evil bar stewards. They've tried to swindle me so many times its beyond belief. Not just that but their call centres don't give a rats about anything.
Big companies can and do go bust and quite a lot of them have done so over the last few years - like woolworths for example.
Last I heard BT were still £Billions in dept so it could still happen.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Don't forget Rule #1 for Call Centre management:
The purpose of the call centre is to answer the maximum number of calls in a given period. They are not there to provide answers.
The problem with the modern BT is that in the effort to reduce costs they've stripped out a lot of the expertise from their manpower and attempted to replace it with procedures. When you get to talk to the OpenReach engineers you tend to find they have become quite demoralised. There are also regulatory barriers which prevent  the BT Retail people speaking directly to the OpenReach engineers. BT and PlusNet have to treat OpenReach as though it is an entirely separate company. Orders and fault reports go through rigidly designed procedures.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Fixes: 47

When I casually asked the engineer who recently came to install my daughter's phone line if he was busy.....
"Very"...he said with a frustrated expression on his face. They've got us doing everything now. Hardly any time to do a proper job Roll eyes
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Steve
Pro

Working as an engineer for open reach cant be a rewarding job that's for sure.
Devonian
Grafter

I must say, the Open Reach engineers I have had visit me have been very knowledgable, but at the same time they were as pee'd off with BT as I am!!