cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wonder!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I wonder!

Having just seen the Plusnet ad on TV again. I wonder if there are any new members on these forums having signed up as a direct result of seeing the adverts.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
10 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: I wonder!

Would anyone be brave enough to admit to it Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

You can't sign up to the forums as a member of the public unless you're a PN subscriber. Even then I suspect it takes a while to find the forums (as it did me).
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well keep your eyes open then,  we get a lot of people who have applied for phone and broadband come on the forum for advice, there are several at the moment
pierre_pierre
Grafter
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: okrzynska
You can't sign up to the forums as a member of the public unless you're a PN subscriber.
I was a forum member 3 months before joining Plusnet but that rule may have changed.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I tried recently to sign up but they've hooked it into the customer portal so you can't sign up now unless you follow a special link.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
N/A

In the advert there is a gentleman in what looks like CS - I wonder if it is really the actual department or if it is a studio set.  Also, is the person a real employee or an actor?
As for the advertisement/signups/forum links I suppose that only time will tell.  Possibly folk who are not very forum-minded would not look for it anyway.
I came onto this forum via the Force 9 one which was separate from Plusnet forum because each was only accessible from within the member centre.  It was easy to find once you had logged in.
Someone will doubtless know the answer to this, but I wonder why, when they combined the forums they made it so that it was entirely separate from the member centre?
I was thinking that maybe if it was like it used to be more people would find it. 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

The link to these forums is in the same place in the left hand menu of the member centre as the old forums used to be so I don't think the forums being separate is a factor in why so many don't visit the forums.
There's also the very big link to Community at the top right hand corner which also leads here.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Well! you know how much I dislike threads going off-topic  Shocked Shocked my original point that perhaps wasn't very well put was, can we judge the effectiveness of the ad campaign from the number of new forum members. Or has the campaign brought in droves of new business generally?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 47

I used to have discussions at work about the effectiveness of our area reps. When a customer placed an order was it because the rep visited or would they have placed the order anyway.
Assessing the effectiveness of an ad campaign is clouded by the knowledge that new customers could have come to Plusnet whether or not they saw the adverts...unless they are asked at sign up "did you come to Plusnet as a direct result of seeing our advert?".
We never asked our customers why they bought from us....we were just grateful they did Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation