Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a new job

goldenfibre
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I want a new job

I want to join Plusnet and I do believe that I willing to help all members/customers to resolved in a quick timer manner. I don't mind to check it and work all hours all day and even night time too. To speed up the support ongoing issues problem with short staffs on holiday etc.
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: I want a new job

Do you live in Leeds or Sheffield?
I think you would make a good technical support member.
goldenfibre
Aspiring Pro

Nope! I live in Shropshire. Thanks AndyH. It's be no problem if Plusnet willing to offer me a rent house in Sheffield. I used to live in West Yorkshire for six years nearby Leeds.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 55

well here you are https://careers.plus.net/ and since this isn't feedback or a support question I have moved it to Chit Chat
goldenfibre
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Oldjim. That's a load of Opportunities!
RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Ignoring PlusNets present (hopefully temporary) problem of slow response to support tickets and long phone support queues, one of the main things that many customers find attractive about PlusNet is the fact that they do not have offshore based call centres.
Using UK call centres means that customers do not have to try and communicate with people who don't have a reasonably good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
e.g. Lack of such skills often means customers become extremely annoyed because of difficulties in understanding someone who does not have English as their first language and speaks it with such a very strong foreign accent that they are almost incomprehensible to the average Joe Public in the UK.  Equally, someone who writes replies in an incomprehensible manner would probably irritate customers.
Do you think you have the necessary language skills?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: goldenfibre
It's be no problem if Plusnet willing to offer me a rent house in Sheffield.

Yeah.. good luck with that one!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
sclarke35

Quote from: RobPN
Ignoring PlusNets present (hopefully temporary) problem of slow response to support tickets and long phone support queues, one of the main things that many customers find attractive about PlusNet is the fact that they do not have offshore based call centres.
Using UK call centres means that customers do not have to try and communicate with people who don't have a reasonably good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
e.g. Lack of such skills often means customers become extremely annoyed because of difficulties in understanding someone who does not have English as their first language and speaks it with such a very strong foreign accent that they are almost incomprehensible to the average Joe Public in the UK.  Equally, someone who writes replies in an incomprehensible manner would probably irritate customers.
Do you think you have the necessary language skills?

More to the point do you think you have a competent management team that understand anything about processes and procedures that improve the customer experience, get out of their offices an answer some front line calls, know how to read a marketing advertising schedule and resource correctly and can actually deliver EXCELLENT customer serviceHuh??     
RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: sclarke35
Quote from: RobPN

More to the point do you think you have a competent management ... Huh??     

I'm not quite sure who you're addressing your question(s) to ...  Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@Goldenfibre,
Hope  you manage to find something if you are unsuccseful with your PN application.
Thinking of applying for a job at PN myself and they are unlikely to turn me down, I don't need accomodation and I don't even want any pay or even a free lunch but I do want the top job plus my own parking space.
My qualifications and experience in this field of work..........absolute zero..... but I promise  to sort out 95 % of all the problems identified by customers within 7 days or your money back.
How can they turn me down with an offer like that ?
Wink Smiley Smiley
NB references to support my application should be sent direct to PN, just hope they don't get too many.
TORPC
Grafter

Looks like Andy Baker is in competition for his job, so he had better pull his socks up & get the well known issue(s) sorted
That said
It has clearly gotten much worse since his arrival in PN Towers,
Albeit
We would all understand a little disruption whilst new employees are being trained,
I hope gleneagles & goldenfibre both get the jobs they want & turn PN's downhill spike to an upward spike Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Can't see how I can fail being as I am so modest !
No doubt the letter will arrive by special mail in next weeks post.
Cheesy Cheesy
GeordieMark
Grafter

I wonder if Plusnet would let me work from home? Since I'm about 100 miles from Leeds, bit too much of a commute!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

gleneagles, your first job will be to sack Andy Baker.
@goldenfibre
Do you realise you need a degree in English, a degree in Electronics, and a degree in Broadband, before you can apply to Plusnet?
Fixes: 47

Quote from: goldenfibre
I want to join Plusnet

I wouldn't bother, the working conditions are terrible.
For example there is always at queue at the X-Box at lunch time.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation