Did you mean: 

I want TV not a new phone

pierre_pierre
Grafter

I want TV not a new phone

it unbelievable
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17125468
4G TV interference: Up to a million homes 'need filters'

Almost a million UK homes will need to have filters installed to prevent TV interference from 4G mobile signals - at a cost of £108m.
A smaller number of homes - about 10,000 - will need to switch to satellite or cable TV services in order to avoid degraded picture quality.
7 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: I want TV not a new phone

So will they be providing a life-time subscription to Sky/Virgin or paying the setup fees?
Seems unfair if the housholder has to pay for this.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

It is also predicted that about 500 homes affected by interference will be unable to receive satellite or cable services.
In these cases, expected to be in rural areas, up to £10,000 per household will be provided to fund alternative solutions to receiving television - such as having fibre cabling installed.

Seems they didn't think digital through before making it the norm, which is cheaper keeping the lemming or going back to analog.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

How wrong is that?!
They sell off the airwaves for these mobile communication services and then let them screw over our TVs forcing us to spend more money.
They've either been very clever about making some cash from us or incredibly stupid. One things for sure, I'm definitely right that its one of them  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I cant believe Midnight Caller missed this Huh
Community Veteran

With Ofcom estimating that 760,000 homes could be affected and the Department for Culture suggesting that number was likely to be closer to 900,000 you can bet that the actual number will be two million plus.
And probably every digital terrestrial viewer will get some degree of interference.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

"Homes falling within a certain range of transmitter towers will automatically have a filter issued,..."
I trust that will be more than one per home as most have more than one digital receiver.
pin2011
Grafter

Quote from: Sprite
How wrong is that?!
They sell off the airwaves for these mobile communication services and then let them screw over our TVs forcing us to spend more money.
They've either been very clever about making some cash from us or incredibly stupid. One things for sure, I'm definitely right that its one of them  Wink
More likely its BOTH cash and stupidity. This is becoming the norm for UK unlimited.