cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wanna tell you a story...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I wanna tell you a story...

Talking to my granddaughter about pets,she wants a nice cuddly rabbit, I regaled her with a true story about a chap I worked with. She's changed her mind about a wabbit.
The chap I worked with,I shall call him Dennis (because that is his name, and stupidity deserves recognition), decided to remove a tree that was growing at an angle in his garden. He tied it off then set about cutting it down using a borrowed chainsaw.
The tree fell, twisting, and smashed the fence and also a rabbit hutch in the neighbours garden - squashing their pet rabbit.
He went round to apologize and make amends, the little girl was distraught. He promised to go out there and then to get a new hutch and rabbit.
Being Sunday he went straight to 'pets at home' our some such emporium, where he was able to get a hutch, food etc..but no rabbit. He tried the one other place in town that was open, to no avail.
Driving home, in a panic, he saw a sign at the side of the road "Rabbits for sale". He went in and asked for a small one.
  'Not much meat on a small one'
'It's not for eating, it's a pet'
So they put it in a cardboard box with air holes, and away he went, happier.
As he was driving on a dual carriageway he heard scraping. Looked down and the rabbit had scratched a hole in the box and was pulling itself out. He put his hand down to stop it.
It Tran up his arm and latched onto his neck, drawing blood - lots of it.
He screamed, slammed his brakes on, opened the door and danced around trying to get the rabbit off his neck. Finally the rabbit released and ran away. The crowd that had gathered called an ambulance. He spent several hours in hospital having jabs (probably assessing his mental state too) before going home to face the little girl, who by now had decided she wanted a goldfish.
2 REPLIES
TORPC
Grafter

Re: I wanna tell you a story...

He should of been called Rodger & videoed for Who been framed Tongue Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: I wanna tell you a story...

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!