cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've said it before and I'll say it again!!!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I've said it before and I'll say it again!!!

Please excuse deliberate CAPS.......
COME BACK THISOLDMAN, ALL IS FORGIVEN!!!  You have to be a regular to understand that!   Cheesy
18 REPLIES
nadger
Rising Star

Re: I've said it before and I'll say it again!!!

Last Active: 19/08/2011, 08:44  Cheesy
Fixes: 105

you mad bro'?
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

At least we could have a good laugh!
nadger
Rising Star

At the expense of the mods  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

If it's made you look like your avatar I would give the job up!  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Must be said i kinda miss him too.
We should introduce him to nanotm! I have a hunch they'd get on very well!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

Grin^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

TORPC you don't understand...
thisoldman (tom for short) was part of a government think tank that used to mull over everything and understand all of the worlds problems and how to fix them. He had direct dealings with the prime minister (who used to follow his postings here on the PN forum  Crazy). He'd have dealings and understandings with everything...
nanotm is also the same sort of person - understands everything, how to solve it and I suspect he probably has a few friends in high places too  Wink
They'd be perfect forum buddies!
The only difference between them is that I actually liked thisoldman. He was very friendly to those he liked and deswpite sounding a bit far fetched, I got on very well with him. I still have a few PMs from him in my inbox too.
If you are out there reading this tom, please do come back! This place hasn't been the same without you.
7up
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

Cheers for that extra insight
I guessed that they were of similar mindset Wink
nanotm
Pro

Quote from: 7up
]nanotm is also the same sort of person - understands everything, how to solve it
7up[snip]

not really, I formulate opinions on things just like anyone else and stand ready to be told I'm incorrect, I might be aware of certain things that are not in the public domain and some things that are I might know more about but at the same time theres plenty of stuff I don't know about and these even the odd thing I might put out there just for a giggle, take the claim about dc kettles being more efficient, anyone with half a brain and a quick look at a wiki would know the resistor in a kettle that forms the heating element doesn't give a flying fig if its ac or dc it will work exactly the same given the required watts of power input ....... the joke link that people jumped on just proved so many knew so little they jumped on it like a tramp jumps on bag of chips in the street then they get tunnel vision and cant see the wood for the trees as it were, typically even insults don't make them stop when that happens......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Yes we could do with more people who are controversial and who can put up a good reason for their views without making personal attacks on respondents.
Think tank, interesting statement, will I am on a think tank and that's this forum but not everyone agrees with my views if they did there would be little point in debating anything.  Wink 
Community Veteran

But there's a difference between having your own views and opinions and stating them on the forum (as long as they don't break the forum rules), and stating facts which are completely wrong that cannot be backed up with any substantiation. 
nanotm
Pro

indeed there is, and yet people only consider it offensive if they receive a rebuttal for there attacks ......., ive provided several links to back up my position on things in the past and rather than read them people prefer to call them made up and continue proclaiming me to thick/deluded/trolling the main reason for this is that the people doing so don't have the first clue about the topic and don't even try to gain an insight by reading the links provided, that's going to create a rift and it also diminishes my willingness to waste effort on providing such information, the recently closed thread back this up, people declaring that they are clueless but decide to chip in with frankly deranged ramblings based on not even a partial knowledge then take offense at the impolite responses given by reply

edited to add
I did actually ask for that thread to be deleted since my position was actually corroborated on at least the main point of contention several pages before the end but it seems the mods decided not to do that and leave it as proof of all our childishness
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: AndyH
But there's a difference between having your own views and opinions and stating them on the forum (as long as they don't break the forum rules), and stating facts which are completely wrong that cannot be backed up with any substantiation. 
Might be a bit harder to back up some facts if Google has removed them following a request from a single individual to do so.