Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've rediscovered the Butcher in my local Indoor Market

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

I've rediscovered the Butcher in my local Indoor Market

Went in yesterday (he's only open 3 days a week), to buy my usual Lean Steak Mince, and was tempted by his display of local Bacon.
Mince, I asked for two of eight ounces of mince, he scooped up two handfuls, put them in bags, and to 1p of the advertised price, they were exactly 16 ounces in weight together !
That's expertise for you.
Bacon, I'd sort of got out of the habit of buying fresh bacon from a butcher, but his looked so inviting... and his comment was " It won't curl up like Supermarket Bacon"
Bacon butty for Lunch, he was dead right, and the rashers were so large and thick too. And delicious.
Just one, cooked, filled the Butty.
Liver, again a quality product from him.

I don't quite know how I got out of the habit of buying fresh quality meat from him, but be assured, I now have a new habit. He has gained my patronage.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: I've rediscovered the Butcher in my local Indoor Market

One of my first ever jobs was in a butchers helping pack and cut the meat.
Unfortunately I was a vegetarian at that time Sad
Fixes: 122

We found a great butcher in a village a few miles from us. I'd have thought everything would have been more expensive but, in fact, he has some very competitive prices.
Some of the best sausages I've ever tasted and pork steaks that are succulent and tender. SWMBO also gets some beef that look like small steaks which she pounds with a food hammer then does something wonderful with that tastes simply exquisite.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

When I first moved to Hunmanby North Yorkshire the local butcher used to slaughter in the yard behind the shop.
The beast had travelled about five miles from a local farm and was not stressed. It was handled by the people who had looked after it all its life. And tasted great. Smiley
that was stopped by modern regulations and animals are transported from one end of the country to the other.
Such is progress  Crazy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra