cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I`ve just lost some money.... but I know where it is !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I`ve just lost some money.... but I know where it is !

A while ago, I bought something on my credit card..... then transferred funds from my current account to the credit card to pay for it... (before the bill arrived).... the money disappeared from my current account in a flash, and re-appeared in the same flash on my credit card......
a couple of days later, the item had to be returned to store as faulty, and a refund was issued....
my credit card bill had arrived, and as a consequence of the above, the card was at zero balance,..... then the refund arrived at the card ... so now in credit....
so I requested my bank to return the payment I made to my current account, to make it all balance up again.... simples? ..... no... they acknowledged the request, then wanted more details, then said the transfer had been arranged and I should wait three days before I see the money in my account......
that was three weeks ago... it was still on the card yesteday, so I chased them last night..... this morning the credit card shows Zero balance.... but my money has disappeared into some black hole for (assuming) three days, before it finds its way back to my current account....
now what I don`t understand is...... when money goes out of my account to my credit card..... or utilitiy payments, it is INSTANT..... yet when it is coming back, within the same banking system.... ( my bank is my credit card)....it gets lost for three days....
makes you wonder ..... if this is happening to me,.... and millions of others....... the banks must be awash with money just floating around in big wads, waiting for someone to file it in the correct bank account ......  Roll eyes
4 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: I`ve just lost some money.... but I know where it is !

They invest it for three days and make a profit to pay somebody's bonus Cheesy
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Been out all day.... MOT on car, and other hum drum jobs to do.... car passed MOT yet again, with no major work being required..... so top marks to SKODA .
So.... just checked into my bank account...... and despite strat`s "inside info".... it seems like someone got a bit windy, and has managed to move the money over since my email last night.... no response to the email though ! ! ! ...
so now I`m rich again...... (until swmbo wants to go shopping, I suppose.... Undecided )
Zap
Grafter

What the banks will not tell you is that their systems are vulnerable and that is why they will not give you money until they are absolutely sure there is no comeback.
There was a woman on the radio who had a customer from Abu Dhabi pay her £52k for an order costing £5200, an easy mistake to make, they infomed her of the mistake and asked her to send them the overpayment when the funds had cleared.
She waited until they cleared and she sent back the £47k only to find that the 52k changed status and did not clear after all.
The bank have frozen her account and she is going to go out of business.
The way banks send money about in computer systems means that they are blind, one of the reasons stolen credit cards are used on flights is that they can't verify the card mid air.
We are all slaves to the banks, they write the rules and we must follow all of their gambling debts are underwritten by the tax payer, if we try to regulate them they tell the three big rating agencies to change our rating so we go back to 16% interest rates.
They want to have mortgages that are paid off by our kids so the slavery is systemic.
They want bail outs for EU debt they got into but they do not pay us when they win.
They hide their debt "off balance sheet"
When the Government prints money it is against bonds underwritten by the UK tax payer
When the Government puts up money to support business lending they move their customers from an overdraft to this Government underwritten loan, this takes it off their balance sheet
They keep doing this over and over, they are not lending any new money, just moving so that we and our children and generations to come will pay.
end of rant
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Zap
There was a woman on the radio who had a customer from Abu Dhabi pay her £52k for an order costing £5200, an easy mistake to make, they infomed her of the mistake and asked her to send them the overpayment when the funds had cleared.
She waited until they cleared and she sent back the £47k only to find that the 52k changed status and did not clear after all.

Ye olde overpayment scam. Textbook. I've heard it happens on eBay too (but in smaller amounts).