cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've just googled...

Fixes: 174

Re: I've just googled...

Quote from: jmdlp
Just curious to know why you would google yourself?

Maybe to find things like this Josie
After 6 months of winter, the mind can be delirious. Before all the snow melted, La Mouette and JMDLP had the bright idea to slide down a 20' slab.

What have you been up to Undecided
1/2 a mug of Horlicks gone...1/2 to go Smiley

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 64.0 (64-bit)

jmd
Grafter

Well - that nowt to do with me
Isn't it Horlicks time Strat?
I'm going now to have my redbush tea, Holly has been out doing her thing and is ready for bed.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 19

Quote from: jmdlp
Just curious to know why you would google yourself?

A couple of reasons.... first I have a brother in Australia, and I have lost contact with him, so google the surname may have turned him up as a professor somewhere.... But it wasn`t to be... he is still "somewhere down under"....  Not that worried... just a bit of fun
the other reason,  I wanted to see how widespread my surname is, especially as it is not really a very common name.... (not like smith or jones or williams)  My sister once did a family tree, and found out that we are related way back when to Captain Cook,  and I thought it may turn up some interesting things,.
O.K. Josie?   (you could try your name... as it isn`t a  "common" name, and see what it turns up!!!)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 19

Just done a google on your name josie.... 3,600 entries for the name ****** *****
and they seem to refer to  Ann & Bob Fearn..... ring any bellsHuh?
Do (did)  you have an Aunt in Wendlebury  who made extra large chocolate eclairs, and you didn`t realise she made them just for youHuh?
madjbright
Grafter

If I search for my forum name the results state "Results 1 - 9 of about 7 for madjbright" How can there be about 7, and if there are only 7 what about the other 2 that make 9?
techguy
Grafter

Google is one of the reasons I registered the .com and .co.uk variants of my surname and the same of my full name so that if I can get a business off the ground noone can register my name as either of those variants and claim to be me and rip people off.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

And registered two and a bit years apart  Roll eyes Roll eyes
techguy
Grafter

Nice to see you know your way around WHOIS  Smiley
very useful tool that
pierre_pierre
Grafter

privilege counts
Can I switch off my details if it is PN registered
techguy
Grafter

You can on .co.uk domains Pierre no matter who you register with as its an option that Nominet who control the .uk registry offer, irrespective of the the registrar, provided of course you aren't using it for business purposes.
for my.com I use work as a care of address but will have to move the domain to a registrar with privacy service if I change jobs.
If you want a domain, PM me as you can get a better deal than PN who are a little steep in my opinion but irrespective of who you register with, you can point the domain at your PN mail and use it with that.