cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I told you all this months ago!!!

thisoldman
Grafter

I told you all this months ago!!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/dec/19/unions-warn-massive-wave-strikes.

now the cat is out of the bag.The guardian have used our sources.

ps  now you can work out why massive warehouse storage of food /fuel is taking place.
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: I told you all this months ago!!!

Len McKluskey, recently "appointed" to the Unite Union position during the last month, makes the likes of Bob Crow and Arthur Scargill seem like liberal minded moderates. It should be no surprise whatsoever that he's making such predictions. BA management should be very wary of him, as it was Unite that was involved in the British Airways debacle earlier this year.
Union unrest will certainly be the order of the day if McKluskey has any thing to do with it.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

I thought we'd outgrown the "might makes right" party ages ago.  The government was elected by the majority and now a minority think that if they make enough trouble and destroy enough property, then they'll get what they want. I don't like the cuts any more than anyone else, but it wasn't the Lib Dems or Conservatives who put us here, it was the union backed Labour party!
John
Community Veteran

spend some of that energy planting food crops on every spare bit of ground to be found.  a shot of the lea valley estate showed that there was plenty of grassland around that could easily grow food, if the people got out and did a bit of digging when the weather warms up a bit.
David_W
Rising Star

Some unions are stupid, Unite being among the stupidest.  What sort of a union would take action which could potentially send a company into bankruptcy?  The same sort of union that would want to cripple the UK and send it back to the 70's before Thatcher came along and neutered them, throwing off the "sick man of Europe" persona which this fella seems to want us to have again.  Still, I predict that come summer, truckers will once again bring the nation to a standstill when fuel prices hit £1.50 litre.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

For those of you old enought to remember this is just history repeating itself.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Indeed, and for much the same reasons.
Never learn do we?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

if you think we are bad what about the Frogs?
nadger
Rising Star

Never been the same since 1789, have they  Wink
Community Veteran

Quote from: thisoldman
ps  now you can work out why massive warehouse storage of food /fuel is taking place.

Yep, the price of heating oil has gone up massively at the moment, there are tankers just offshore deciding not to dock until the price of oil has risen to the point of their choosing. Sad
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed