cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I suppose there's a good reason for this...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I suppose there's a good reason for this...

But I'm blowed if I can see it...
Early this morning, I got in to my car at around the usual time, just as a traffic report on the radio was under way. Now I admit I didn't hear the beginning or heard which roads were involved, but it continued something like this... "..............but the overhead signs have gone faulty and defaulted to Road Closed signs. So the police have closed the road and set up a diversion" Why? couldn't somebody have simply switched off the signs altogether? rather than disrupt the travel of no doubt many hundreds of motorists. After all we were usually capable of driving on a road before overhead signs were installed.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: I suppose there's a good reason for this...

Well they obviously read the sign and decided the road was closed  Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

to quote a recent headline......
"what a stupid country we live in!!"    by "thisoldman"    Cheesy
Community Veteran

Yep, common sense seems to have gone out of the window Undecided
Community Veteran

I think that was the M11 at Stansted this morning.  The road had been closed last night (following an accident with a crane I think), and when they tried to reopen it, the signs wouldn't change.  Crazy
John
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Yes it was M1 Junction 8, the Stansted turn, it is a weird junction, I looked at the CCTV at that time and a road repair vehicle was by the central barried and that lane was coned off.  The traffic had to go up the North bound slip road, around the roundabout and back on
http://www.bbc.co.uk/essex/travel/jamcams/