Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I quite like this idea...

Shep41
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: I quite like this idea...

@Mav. I meant the whole shop and not just one item.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

@Alex

I don't carry my passport at all. I once had it stolen some years ago while on holiday. Put me off carrying it ever since.

Ouch.

I know of a friends sister, who lost hers (and she was in the UK) and he told me what a nightmare it was getting a replacement one.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Being passed from one office to another is no joke. Try proving who you are over the phone to some 'jobs-worth' when all you are asking for is some type of form to fill in and send back...to prove who you are. In all it took about 8 or 9 weeks to get another passport.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Highlighted
Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 8

You can vote in all UK elections without proving who you are, but try buying a bottle of booze at a ripe old age, and you need ID!Crazy

When I use the self-service checkouts, staff need to 'authorise' purchases containing alcohol, but I've never had to show ID.  I usually tell them I've just turned 18 and they take my word for it (perhaps because they've seen me shopping there for the past 30 years or so).