cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm so unhappy I want to leave!

kipling
Dabbler

I'm so unhappy I want to leave!

What an appalling company MinusNet is, has anyone else experience the wrath of the arrogant staff.  I joined...had 8 days of intermittent service then 3 days with NO service.....wanted a MAC key and  the charge for this was £74.  It makes me fel sick to the pit of my stomach to think I've been dupe by this company!
28 REPLIES
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: I'm so unhappy I want to leave!

Doesn't match my experience.
You aren't very specific as to the nature of the fault.

Community Veteran

I would also suggest that leaving the trail of defamatory posts which you have produced this evening is not the best way of endearing people to your cause.
Edit: That link won't make much sense any longer as the posts have since been removed.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Totally agree with previous 2 posts. Have always found PlusNet the best, with very knowledgeable and sometimes long suffering staff. Confidence in a subject can sometimes be misconstrued as arrogance, it often depends on the approach of the questioner.
Let's hear it for PlusNet...
PS. we need a cheering smiley. 
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

how about this , to say that Rudyard is ignorant is putting it mildly 
N/A

Don't know what kipling's on about - have used Force 9 for almost 4 years with very very few problems.
He/she needs to be a bit more specific if they expect any help or feedback.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Somehow p_p, I just knew you would have something appropriate.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Rather than highjacking other peoples threads with your displeasure why not actually allow us to help by explaining the problem you have. Making off-the cuff comments in unreleated threads just makes people ignore you more and thus nothing will get resolved.
Maybe if you calmed down a bit and thought about what you are doing and approached it with a modicum of patients,  we may be able to help you resolve the problem you have quickly.
kipling
Dabbler

As I stated, the connection and customer service has been the poorest I have encountered in years.  I want to leave PlusNet.  I signed up on 14th March, had 8 days of dropping, unable to get connected, etc.. Then the line went dead for 3 days.  It was BT at fault (stock plusnet phrase) I therefore would like to leave.  £40 connection, £30 modem plus days of use (regardless of quality) - total £74 for less than a month.  An employee told me that if I took plusnet to small claims court - they always win as the contract for supply of service is so loose.  What can I do?
Community Veteran

When you say the line was dead, do you mean you could not make any voice calls (no dialtone)? If so, that was a BT fault and nothing to do with PlusNet.
If you could make voice calls but not sync with the exchange then that is a BT Wholesale fault, again nothing to do with PlusNet.
Some lines are bad and have problems with broadband. This could be anything from bad copper wire, faults in the pole, faults in the green BT boxes in the road, your own internal wiring, a faulty router, a bad phone connected, you not filtering all your used phone sockets and many other causes. This kind of problem is notoriously difficult to resolve due to the number of places where a fault can occur. If you connection is so bad, you would be better off letting PN help you to sort it out than move to another ISP who's support may be non-existent. PN will try and resolve problems and have the skills to do so but it can be time consuming in trying to eliminate all the possible causes. What happens if you do move and it turns out it was your own internal wiring/phones that are bad. It would make no difference what ISP you moved to.
There is also lots of info you could supply and things you can check. You could supply your line stats and do various speed tests. You could check your internal wiring and make sure you are connected properly to the master socket. You could try connecting direct to the master socket or the test socket behind the lower removable panel on the master socket - this would eliminate your internal wiring as being at fault.
As for the costs to leave. The £40 is to have ADSL activated and thus must be paid - PN don'ty supply broadband for nothing unless you stay for 12 months. You have a router so need to pay for that as well. The only part you could contend is your monthly fee due to not having a broadband service.
Community Veteran

Surely if ADSL was activated and didn't actually work then everything would get refunded including the £40? PlusNet would presumably be able to claim their charges back from BT.
And in that situation, again I'm sure PlusNet would take the router back and cancel the charges as it would have been unable to fulfil it's contractual obligations.
Has a BT engineer actually been out to the premises to test the line yet? If so, what was the result?
PS Don't forget that BT is effectively a subcontractor to PlusNet so comments about things being "BT's fault" are not necessarily constructive; it's still PlusNet's responsibility in general, though of course Broadband is a "self-install" product so the customer has to play their part too.  Roll eyes
kipling
Dabbler

Thanks HP, finally someone who understads my point of view.  Yes BT have repaired the fault, but I have lost all faith in PlusNet as their attitude to me has been awfull.  Where do I go from here, what rights do I have?  It seem that PlusNet are blackmailing me into staying!
Community Veteran

No they're not blackmailing you!
If they fixed the fault then they have fulfilled their side of the contract and you should fulfil yours. From what I've seen they are a very reasonable company.
If it didn't work satisfactorily for a significant period then you would have a reasonable claim for a refund of charges for that period, and it's always worth asking for compensation for your own excessive time & trouble.
If you really are determined to move on try negotiating, calmly and reasonably. Ranting in public won't get you anywhere. And remember the grass is rarely greener. I've seen a lot of ISP's and quite frankly you'll really struggle to match PlusNet for service. But you need to be fair to them too..... Roll eyes So, if you're prepared to give them a chance maybe you will get a satisfactory result?
Myself, as noted elsewhere, I had a terrible time with Tiscali, enduring 3 months of terrible service WITHOUT RESOLUTION. So I left and got a little compensation too. BUT there is absolutely no comparison between Tiscali and PlusNet; they're not in the same space-time continuum.  Cheesy
glyndev
Grafter

Quote from: HPsauce
PS Don't forget that BT is effectively a subcontractor to PlusNet

In actual fact this can be argued both ways.
Yes BT wholesale are sub- contractors to Plusnet in that Plusnet use then in order to allow customers access to the net.
But also Plusnet are sub-contractors to BT wholesale, in that BT wholesale DO NOT sell their service direct to the public and use sub-contractors like +net, Orange, BT retail etc to sell their service to the public.
Lets not forget that it is BT wholesale that own and maintain all the hardware between +net and the end user so ultimately it is their responsibility to ensure that this is in working order and not +net.
Community Veteran

Your contract is with PlusNet.
As a consumer that's all you really need to know.