Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm saying nowt

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

I'm saying nowt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-22348859
Anti-social incidents involving mobility scooters have risen by nearly 60% in the last three years in Dorset, figures obtained by the BBC have shown.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/10386967.Miracle_escape_for_elderly_couple_after_car_plunges_f...
AN elderly couple had a miracle escape yesterday after their automatic car plunged from a car-park roof.
Shoppers watched in horror as the silver Kia Ceed careered out of control on the first-floor of the Ferndown Tesco superstore car-park.
The vehicle collided with a blue Vauxhall Meriva before ploughing through a crash barrier and ending up on a grassy bank 12 feet below.

6 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: I'm saying nowt

I recently went on a speed awareness course which would have been better as a speed trap awareness course.
I was the oldest person there but I wasn't caught speeding in a rooftop car-park Shocked
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

My M-I-L was caught speeding and "elected" to do the awareness course (She's over 80), I almost felt sorry for the guy running the course. She has a phenomenal memory and is a stickler for the minuet detail, and correct use of english, but plays the ‘old lady’ very well, she took a Dictaphone with her (she maintains her memory is bad and needed it as an aid). At the first contradiction by the course leader she ‘pounced’ and played back both portions of the contradiction.The course went downhill after that!
At the end of the "course" the other participants bought her a bunch of flowers and maintained it was the best entertainment they’d had in years.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: journeys
..a stickler for the minuet detail, and correct use of english..

There are many sticklers for good English around but we don't all make a song and dance about it.  Tongue
I only ever got caught speeding once (downhill on a dual carriageway in an old Skoda), nowadays I generally stick to the limit, partly because it gives me more miles out of a tank of (expensive) fuel.
Can't see the point of speed bumps though.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Fixes: 47

Sheffield council went mad installing speed bumps all over the city........they're called pot holes Angry
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: w23
I only ever got caught speeding once (downhill on a dual carriageway in an old Skoda),

Are you sure about that? Surely speeding and old Skoda is a contradiction in terms.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

1.3 Felicia  Smiley Well, it was a long straight downhill stretch of dual carriageway (and I was probably only just enough over the 70mph limit to get a ticket).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.