Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm alright Jack (Kennedy)

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

I'm alright Jack (Kennedy)

The secret US government bunker hidden under a luxury hotel stocked with 30 years of supplies to keep America’s most influential alive in a nuclear fallout.
The secret bunker was built under the luxurious Greenbrier Hotel in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia,
protected by 3-foot-thick concrete walls and an air-intake system designed to filter out dangerous radioactive fall-out.
Complete with Broadcast Centre, but to transmit to whom ?
Lots of photo's
(There's now a newer Secret Bunker, located .....)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2453894/The-secret-government-bunker-hidden-luxury-hotel-sto...
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: I'm alright Jack (Kennedy)

I'll start the bidding at £1. No other takers? Ok sold.. lol
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I liked the following comment on the daily mail
Perhaps we should take away their little bunkers, that way they might be a bit more responsible in their leadership if they know they are in the same boat as the rest of us if it all goes pear shaped![/quote]
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Steve_M

Ah.. but does the daily mail like your comments?  Cheesy
Besides, our government have their own little underground bunker too. I remember seeing it moons ago on tomorrows world when Cobra was setup.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I couldn't care less whether the Daily Fail likes my comments as I wont be leaving them any lol. I am aware that they all have nice little safe havens but will Royal Mail deliver there? Cheesy
RichAllen
Grafter

Quote from: Sprite
Quote from: Steve_M

Ah.. but does the daily mail like your comments?  Cheesy
Besides, our government have their own little underground bunker too. I remember seeing it moons ago on tomorrows world when Cobra was setup.

Cobra? Have you been watching GI Joe?
Thunderclap
Grafter

Across southern England, there is a network of bunkers that were exclusive for senior Civil Servants and their families. The idea was Government had to be saved at all cost, even if the nation was reduced to a glow in the dark wasteland. When peace broke out, the beauracrats would rise like the green shoots from a burnt forest floor, and rebuild Britain as one nation united under taxation and paperwork... Well that was there theory. In practice, these cowards would have been butchered and eaten by the starving survivors. Some of those bunkers are now used as data centers... so at least your Facebook profile will survive the next nuclear winter.
Razer
Grafter

I guess those of us who don't have a Faceache profile are buggered then. Oh well. I think I can 'live' with that.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Not much secrecy about them these days.
I Had a look around this one last year.......quite interesting,
http://www.hackgreen.co.uk/Opening_Times/opening_times.htm
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

This is my nearest secret bunker - http://www.secretnuclearbunker.com/ at Kelvedon Hatch  Crazy