cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a celebrity get me oot o here

Steve
Pro

I'm a celebrity get me oot o here

Kezia Dugdale has been making headlines these last few days and that's before she steps into the wild jungle. But is she a celeb? all I can say is I am glad I don't pay a tax to watch this............stuff

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/21/kezia-dugdale-partner-defends-decision-im-a-celebri...

8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: I'm a celebrity get me oot o here

I stopped watching this a few years back when I could hardly recognise any of the "celebs".

I think it's probably an age thing.

So how old does that make me when I don't seem to recognise any of this years so called "celebs" from their pictures?

Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

Good point, I only recognised 2 of 'em...and then it took wifey to tell me that one of 'em is in Corry Horror

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Community Veteran

Oooh dear, someone remind me of when that goes off and I'll have a party. Sad

Can't stand Ant and Dec, and watching people who I don't know, who are apparently celebrities eating bugs and stuff. ITV's standards for quality programmes (if you can call it that) certainly declined after the 1991 franchise round and then they abolished the regions.

Usually this problem would be easy for me, just avoiding watching it - first choice. However when I go over to my parents next, possibly tomorrow, my mum likes it (don't ask me why).

I think I'll have to check the TV listings and schedule my visits to when it is not on.

ffox
Rising Star

Excerpt from Robert Crampton's article in The Times: 

"Stanley Johnson, 77, who is starring in the new series of I'm Vaguely Recognisable, Reasonably Cheap and Most Importantly Available, Get Me Out of Here...."

Fixes: 123

Years ago I renamed it; "I'm a non-entity, get me out of here..."

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

It's only a programme for celebrities who used to be once famous, but are not anymore.

So you get famous for eating bugs, and hope for more work in the future as a consequence. Personally Ant and Dec are enough to get on my nerves as it is, let alone going to Australia, dealing with them and eating bugs.

I prefer the old fashioned way of finding more work, such as sending my CV around and attending interviews. Tongue

EDIT: Just checked TV listings, and is 9pm. I've got to be round tomorrow morning and afternoon, but I will be able to leave the house well before then. So I will.

Phew Cool

Community Veteran

Alex wrote:

I prefer the old fashioned way of finding more work, such as sending my CV around and attending interviews. Tongue

oooh no, can't be doing that these days, got to be using Indeed or Universal Jobmatch, otherwise employers will ignore you and the Jobless centre will sanction you... Funny

Steve
Pro

Kezia Dugdale has now made a video before she enters the wilderness explaining why she is going in there. She is giving her salary she earns whilst she is in there to a charity in Edinburgh. Which IMHO begs more questions but I won't bore you to death.

Kez's message to constituents, explaining why she is appearing on I'm a Celebrity get me oot o here

https://twitter.com/TeamKez/status/933291300002070528