Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm Livid with Virgin Media

digitalham
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'm Livid with Virgin Media

FTTC installed successfully so I called in to terminate my VM broadband. This email I've sent to the CEO office tells what happened next...
Sir,
I have just finished speaking to [rep name] of the Sheffield office regarding my termination of your broadband service. He informs me that despite you sending me an email on December 2nd notifying me of a price increase which refers to your termination terms that allow me to cancel within 30 days of notification of this increase your system will still apply a penalty charge of £131.25.
Apparently this is because the original email was sent in error. When I called a few days after receiving it I was not told it was an error. There has been no further communication to say the email was sent in error. The first I hear of this being an error is when I called in today to terminate having had an alternate product installed.
Please intervene to remove this incorrect charge and save me the trouble of having to do so by whatever other means it takes to do so.
I see no reason why I should have to pay for your error.
Regards

Not sure if I will get it back but I'll sure as hell try - first is the CEO office, next is DD guarantee, and last option is small claims court.
Meanwhile of course I will slag them off on as many boards as possible.
25 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Re: I'm Livid with Virgin Media

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I had an awful time with Virgin back in the days when they were had just changed their name from NTL, the WORST customer experience ever.
Good luck with your refund!
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
digitalham
Rising Star

Well I'd agreed a new price for my broadband only deal back in October/November when they want to increase the price then. I actually got a discount and an agreement that there would be no increase which is why I was so annoyed to get another increase email in December. It quite likely was sent in error - I had no letter which they often send to backup emails - but that isn't the point.
=====
Just got a call from retentions following the email to CEO Office.
Apparently the price increase notice was correct so there will be no early disconnection charge. As a token of goodwill they are removing the notice period and disconnecting today.
nanotm
Pro

nice result Smiley
I had a similar experience years ago although I ended up resorting to sending a solicitors letter before my 6 month struggle was finished ..... something's just leave a bad taste though so I'd be hesitant to use them again (there not alone though but that's more down to the fact I moved house so often through work and certain service provision companies being utterly useless at customer service)
be glad you didn't need to spend money in order to get what you're entitled to
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
RichAllen
Grafter

Glad I can't get VM, I've heard some horror stories about their customer service.
An old friend of mine used to work in their Sheffield call centre, she said it was horrible.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

about once a fortnight, I get a large A4 size white envelope, addressed to "The Householder" ( my address )... from Virgin Media..
I strike across it with a red pen, and in block capitals write.... "NOT KNOWN...... R.T.S."    then copy the return address from the back of the envelope..
it goes into the nearest post box.... and hopefully gets them a charge ... had 6 so far... but I am sure they will get the message soon ! ! !...
Great Fun...  Cheesy
nanotm
Pro

@shutter
don't count on it stopping, you need to tell the mail service provider you don't want junk for that to happen, that stuff is normally bulk mailed to customer service areas (where the cables exist already) via a truck dropping a pallet at the local post office,
unless its actually being sent out as a direct mailing from VM complete with franking and your complete address on, I get at least 4 a week from various service providers always addressed
" to the householder"
the posty loves the fact I get the kids to scribble on em and shove em in the mail box (double pay for the RM for delivering and then returning them)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I just love to send things back ... !    if they keep sending it... I`ll send it back....  like I said.... Great Fun  Cheesy
nanotm
Pro

tbh its even more fun to take a box from a different delivery fill it with non perishable rubbish (I like small stones and packaging material) then tape the envelop to the top and send it back, the offending company get charged 5>10 quid a pop for the privilege of receiving actual junk I also put a with compliments slip in there pointing out I don't appreciate there junk mail and I hope they dislike mine as much  Cheesy
I do that fairly frequently with those really annoying credit card or loan pre printed application packs (must of been put on a mailing list somewhere) I had 15 from Providian and another 12 from aqua in the course of 4 days so they got a box each (which had the added bonus I got rid of a load of junk destined for the skip for free)
just have ot remember not to forget the with compliments slip and don't put anything dangerous or perishable in there so they cant sue you for sending it to them Smiley
RichAllen
Grafter

Meanwhile of course I will slag them off on as many boards as possible.

And then VM will be quite within their rights to sue the pants of you for "Damaging their reputation"/
All I'm saying is be VERY careful when you're posting negative stuff about a company, as I it might come back and bite you.
TORPC
Grafter

When my father passed away and we had to terminate the services of VM, I had to go and get a death certificate that I did not want to get, just to prove my dad was(In VM's words)  no longer able to continue with their services
Fixes: 125

Isn't that standard practise when cancelling any account in the name of a deceased person?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: shutter
I just love to send things back ... !    if they keep sending it... I`ll send it back....  like I said.... Great Fun  Cheesy

But you need to address it to someone at the company or RM might not bother - EG "The manager, complaints dept"
Then add an old phone book or lead weight to increase their costs  Grin
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 47

My son's been with VM for a few years now and has had some very good deals by threatening to leave and quoting VM deals neighbours have secured (not that they have).
He's much better at arguing his corner than I am (gets it from his Mum).
I suppose when your family are used to zillions of channels and movies on demand that VM high end packages offer it can be difficult to wean them off it.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation