cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I know its Xmas but

pierre_pierre
Grafter

I know its Xmas but

I know I can afford it , but doubt I would spend half of that, I have five children, four grand children and two great grand children
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-16051489
A couple who had all of their Christmas presents stolen from their home in Essex said they have been left "devastated" by the burglary.
The gifts, along with electrical equipment and jewellery amounting to £1,000, were taken from Kevin and Inga Vile's home in Clacton on Saturday.
===============================
Mr Vile said he was not expecting the presents to be returned. He said they were not insured as bad health had meant the couple could not keep up payments.
14 REPLIES
scootie
Grafter

Re: I know its Xmas but

4 kids aged 1-7 years old and one new born, total bill so far £600 and still rising, Not even got the other half's yet which i assume when i look at the price tag in the shop will be a teeth drier moment.
get a dog and make sure the dog cant get to the letter box which in turn means any cat burglars cant pre poison your alarm system, touch wood never been robbed apart from step dads stilth saw out his work van way back in 1998, an that was when we had the laziest Irish red setter ever known to man, apart from when she learnt how to open the fridge an butter tubs
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

The problem these days is that too many people boast about what they're spending and buying at christmas. Once people used to stay quiet about these things but these days everyone is trying to score points about how much they've spent. You start talking about the amount you've spent and the things you've bought and eventually some thieving little **** will get wind of it and take advantage of it.
It's common sense people. Don't go advertising what you have for others to pinch.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
scootie
Grafter

i dont agree with that, dwelling burglars know that pretty much every house will be stocked with valuables at this time of year. why would they go to the trouble of listening to the grape vine when its pick an mix time of the year for them.
unfortently in time past i have mixed with these sort of people and brains not something they own and being clever enough to make list of what and where to pinch is not something they normally do when its standard dwelling theft, it normally a case of they need money to pay for drug debt etc and do things off the fly, not planned
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Mr Vile said he was not expecting the presents to be returned. He said they were not insured as bad health had meant the couple could not keep up payments.
Am I missing something here  Roll eyes
pierre_pierre
Grafter

in a radio interview this morning, he said that due to ill health, neither  he or his wife had worked for a year  Crazy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Guess if they had been working they would not have been able to earn enough to buy presents of this value.
Community Veteran

It is not Christmas. It is over 2 weeks away and begins on Christmas Eve.
I bet those numptys had the Christmas tree up in November with all the decorations up and the expensive presents displayed under the tree.
Billy Burglar would have an easy time with that.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

On the radio interview I heard, they said they were now frightened to leave the house in case the burglars come back because only the stuff that can easily be sold on had been stolen, but there was other more expensive items that hadn't been taken !
pierre_pierre
Grafter

didnt hear that numptyness, and the interview was repeated several times for the burglars info
Community Veteran

Quote from: purleigh
in case the burglars come back

Apparently that is the done thing in the world of burglars. Think about it. You steal items and you know that most people will then have to replace them with new.
As for not having insurance maybe they are just using their brains, or their insurers, and not advertising the fact that anything will soon be replaced with shiny new things courtesy of their insurance.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

You have all misread the story as reported
The gifts, along with electrical equipment and jewellery amounting to £1,000, were taken from Kevin and Inga Vile's home in Clacton on Saturday.

The total value stolen was £1,000 which included gifts AND electrical equipment AND jewellery
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I didnt, just ignored it Cool Cool  probably a large plasma TV
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

So why the comments about not spending that amount on presents when they clearly didn't
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well it was there for them to read.  Got them talking