cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just receieved a ds lite from ebay

Euge
Grafter

I just receieved a ds lite from ebay

My first ever purchase on ebay and it isn't in the described condition which simply said good. However the touchscreen has a dent that causes it to constantly select that area of the screen so it needs to be replaced.
I could either just get them to refund my money and send it back to them or maybe I could get them to pay for the repair?
Have you had a bad ebay experience? What did/would you do?
40 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: I just receieved a ds lite from ebay

sorry to hear that you've had a duff one Sad
I'd ask for your money back, did you pay by PayPal?
Will Moderate For Thanks
Euge
Grafter

Yeah I paid by pay pal, I wouldn't have done it otherwise. I knew this kind of thing happened. I had trouble with them because they couldn't use their computer to get in contact with me or find my address for a week. Does everyone have a contact phone number?

Yeah, you need to follow the dance though... have a look here http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/item-not-received.html
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Like any transaction, you have to give the vendor a fair chance to remedy the situation, eBay will ask you to do that.
E.g. at the sellers expense have them collect the item from you and refund the full amount you paid.
Make a clean break from this seller if you can. Sad
SW
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Euge
Grafter

Well I've sent a message to the seller, my fingers crossed that they have even see the message, considering computer difficulties.
Unfortunately I don't think collection is an option since they live in Yorkshire which is 4 hours from me so I'll send it back to them when they refund my payment.
Community Veteran

They can pay to have a courier collect it from you at their expense.
--
3Mb FTTC
Euge
Grafter

godsell that is brilliant, I (clearly)  Roll eyes didn't know anything about that.
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: Euge
Unfortunately I don't think collection is an option since they live in Yorkshire which is 4 hours from me so I'll send it back to them when they refund my payment.

I live in Yorkshire, there is the option of tying it to a brick and delivering it through their window...
On a more serious note though, assuming you paid by credit card (on account of it being a purchase offa th'intertubes), the only people you need to contact are the credit card company.
Its their problem, and its what they are there for.
Yes, you can give the vendor the chance to remedy it, but given they sold it to you in that state knowingly, do you really think you will get a positive response from them?
Call Mr Visa and pass the problem on to him.
Do not be sidetracked into thinking that either eBay or Paypal could give two hoots about your predicament.
Every seller is not like that, but you need your armour ready for when they are.
I am a good eBay, "A* Would deal again" in fact. Smiley
Euge
Grafter

Quote from: James_G
I live in Yorkshire, there is the option of tying it to a brick and delivering it through their window...

I like this option, I have friends in Yorkshire maybe they could 'pay them a visit'   Wink  Wink
Community Veteran

Not sure if you are protected if you use your credit card and pay by PayPal.
See what the seller has to say first.  If he's got a good feedback rating he may not want to lose it and deal with your problem.  If he doesn't help go through the dispute procedure.
Euge
Grafter

Well I paid by debit card through paypal and paypal suggest a full refund is possible if the item sold does not meet the description advertised.
Not sure if you can view this item since I won it but this was the description for it.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=280362276893
Not concerned about the games or accessories but all it states is good condition. I would say I have a definite case.
Community Veteran

Oh Dear, this is the 1st time that seller has sold something.
The picture was not of the original item ... this should have set off the alarm bells. You should have asked them to send you photos of the item and/or asked the questions 'does this item have any significant marks, blemishes or anything that affects functionality of this item'.
Hindsight is of course perfect as we know. Sad
--
3Mb FTTC

Not good that there isn't a picture of the item (though that might work in your favour from an ebay point of view), does sound like you have a case.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Just had a look at the item.  The seller has a feedback rating of 100% which on the surface looks good.  When you come to look into it this has been achieved as a buyer and he has received no feedback as a seller. I wouldn't say it looks dodgy but certainly doesn't look good.  If you don't get a satisfactory reply from him soon then get the dispute procedure going quickly.