cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just hate it...

Fixes: 125

I just hate it...

What are those thing in life that just aggravate you or get on your nerves?
For me I just hate it when you get a tiny piece of paper stuck in your teeth that you just can't budge.
And finger nails on a blackboard. /shudders/

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

41 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: I just hate it...

When you have a runny nose, and forgot your handkerchief  Shocked
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Coat hangers and clothes / wet laundry. I jusr can't cope well with them for some reason. Most fiddly and annoying household equipment invented.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

While its probably not in keeping with the tone of the thread; two things that really irritate me are poor time keeping (punctuality is the virtue of kings and all that) and unfairness in any way you like to interpret it.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
anniesboy
Grafter

"helping" putting on a clean duvet cover on the duvet.
No manual with something you have paid  £xxx for especially for electrical / computer  things. 
Community Veteran

Quote from: Petlew
While its probably not in keeping with the tone of the thread; two things that really irritate me are poor time keeping (punctuality is the virtue of kings and all that) and unfairness in any way you like to interpret it.

Thats a bit of a bad one really because it shows that you're not very tolerant of other peoples faults. Nobody is perfect and to be annoyed at them for not being so doesn't do anyone any good.
Quote from: anniesboy
"helping" putting on a clean duvet cover on the duvet.

Oh god yes thats another pet hate of mine too. Seriously I can do the dishes, trash and hoovering (by request) but ask me to do a duvet or pillow cover and I'd rather the earth opened up and swallowed me  Crazy
Community Veteran

Have to agree with you there.  I am generally a punctual person and get annoyed when others can't be likewise.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Uhmm! I'd rather be a hour early than a minute late.
@sprite, with your love of railways I'm surprised at you...
Other than beyond your control, there is no excuse for lateness. SWMBO is at at times a frustration (to me) as is one of those people who see no reason not to leave things until the last minute. Probably the only thing we disagree on, and a source of friction at times over the last nearly forty years. Since she is now fully disabled it is no longer a problem though..
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Someone once said that the only problem with being punctual is that there is generally nobody around to appreciate it Wink
198kHz
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: Mav
What are those thing in life that just aggravate you or get on your nerves?

Your call is really important to us winds me up after the third time of hearing. 
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

Quote from: 4C
Your call is really important to us

By definition if you hear that message, it isn't. So why oh why is it ever used?  Crazy
IanSn
Grafter

"We at Acme corporation really care about your blah, blah, blah".  Winds me right up.
And any company that includes '4U' in its name.  I just refuse to go there....
Think I'd better stop... I seem to have quite a few of these, its gonna look bad  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I really hate it when someone says  ' I don't think you should have ......'
They can s*d off! How dare they?  I've thought about it, and rightly or wrongly I have done it.  They, by their own admission don't think ! !
Community Veteran

@sprite, with your love of railways I'm surprised at you...
Other than beyond your control, there is no excuse for lateness.

Well having used the railways a lot in my younger years and being forced to wait for the trains that were frequently late, it's just something I've got used to.
People / trains / whatever doesn't worry me if its late (the exception being the parcel man turning up at 6:30pm when I've waited all day).
What really does wind me up is people who turn up early. The police being a fine example. I've had them round several times over the years and they ALWAYS turn up at least 20 minutes early for the appointment. I can only assume they think they're going to catch something illegal by turning up early. Only thing they'll find instead is a living room thats only been half hoovered and a coffee table full of junk / clutter Cheesy Still when you have something like 6 of them around in two years and it happens every time it starts to become a bit offensive.
Community Veteran

Sorry, quoted instead of modifying..  Roll eyes