cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate those ill that go to work and spread it

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I hate those ill that go to work and spread it

I caught something viral from either a Tescos delivery driver or a picker after a delivery last Tuesday.  Now dosed on antibiotics as its hit both my kidneys and bladder.
If you are sick then get it treated, don't be the arse and go to work to spread it  Angry
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
69 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: I hate those ill that go to work and spread it

I've never understood those that crawl into work when they're ill with some form of viral infection including the common cold Angry
Not only does it help spread the illness further it can prolong the length of time the person feels 'under the weather'.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Fully agree with you and hope you recover quickly.
Unfortunately some firms put pressure on workers to do their jobs irrespective of sick notes from the doctor and the number of absences from work irrespective of reason and you can end up unemployed.
Illegal ? Of course it is but  there will be some way of replacing you.
There is one exception, if you work in the  Public sector you should be ok, my previous comment applies to the private sector
itsme
Grafter

And parents will go out their way so that their child will catch viruses  Huh
Unless you are expose to the common cold you will not build an immunity to the viruses, the only time I get a cold is when I travel. Could this be because I'm being exposed to different strains of viruses?

Slightly off topic as it doesn't involve a viral infection but years ago my dad went to work with a broken foot for several days. He was unaware of it being broken as he thought it was just sprained. Eventually he was convinced to go to hospital where the break was confirmed.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I Guess no one really knows the number of viruses out there but I guess the figure is in the millions as they commonly mutate
Community Veteran

You would think the company would have a responsibility to protect everyone by not letting an employee with a virus deal with foodstuff.

Yeah, especially as there are many foodstuffs where you wouldn't notice the extra ingredients Cheesy

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

it used to be illegal to knowingly spread diseases, perhaps they should bring this back (common cold was exempted from this) at least when locking people up they could also be freeing up jobs for all the jobless, win win, no more careless a-holes spreading disease and a lot less jobless on welfare Smiley
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
pwatson
Rising Star

Quote from: nanotm
it used to be illegal to knowingly spread diseases

Reference for such a wide ranging statement please?
There are notifiable diseases of course and deliberate infection has, I believe, led to charges of assault in the UK but I'm not aware of any blanket legislation...

Quote from: pwatson
...but I'm not aware of any blanket legislation...

It's always good when you have a heavy cold to wrap up warm to sweat it out so a blanket legislation just may be the ticket Wink

pwatson
Rising Star

I did wonder how long it would be before that was picked up on when I wrote it - Not disappointed!  Smiley
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Gus
I caught something viral from either a Tescos delivery driver or a picker after a delivery last Tuesday

How could you possibly know that?
Fixes: 47

I don't generally get that up close and personal with a delivery driver Lips are sealed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
alanf
Aspiring Pro

I supposed that  for people on zero hours contracts there is no sick pay. No work no pay.
IF the infection was related to the delivery, then if the delivery was picked off the shelves in a local store then any customer or shelf stacker could also be a suspect. (I know that in some cases Tesco delivers from customer-free "dark stores").