cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got the job :)

Community Veteran

I got the job :)

As some of you may know from another thread, I applied for an apprenticeship at a local company a couple of weeks ago.
It was more of a random email to them to see if they would be interested in a more mature student / candidate and after a few email exchanges, I had an official interview on Monday and a second interview (in my jeans and tee-shirt !) today.
Having met the other Staff and Directors and seen what I'd be doing, it is not far off from my ideal job. They seem a really close bunch and I should fit in quite nicely.
Needless to say I accepted the offer without a second thought - apprentice wages but at my age, getting back into employment and training for better qualifications is far more important than money. I've had 12 years of bringing up the kids and working for myself earning a few pennies here and there so I wasn't expecting to get the first thing I applied for.
It has been a good day today. It is also my Wedding Anniversary so we'll be going for a meal out tonight Smiley
You'll be seeing a lot less of me on here during the day but when I'm not working or studying I'll be on here staying in touch Smiley
34 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 4

Re: I got the job :)

Wow! Well done!
Fixes: 104

congrats Dom, well deserved and all the best with your endeavours!
Will Moderate For Thanks
Fixes: 125

Congratulations and good luck.
Yes, let us know how you get on Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

TORPC
Grafter

Congrats & well done
Hope all works out well for you Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Great result, really pleased for you.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

What a good feeling to have, and on such a special day too..... Best wishes for your future.  Wink
Community Veteran

Very best wishes for your new job and also your wedding anniversary  Smiley Smiley
It shows there are jobs out there if you look. Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Well done & all the best !
Smiley
Community Veteran

I think I was extremely lucky finding this company (by accident) and finding they ticked every box for what I was looking for and at the right time.
They were happy to consider a mature candidate for an apprentice position, have a very similar sense of humour as me and while I initially wouldn't have considered their products to be suitable for my area of expertise in electronics, once the lid was off the product it was all stuff right down my street.
I am (was) in a very fortunate position of not actually needing to work but wanting to work and I was not looking forward to months / years of trying to find the right company to work for.
Obviously very early days yet but looking forward to new challenges Smiley
Community Veteran

As the saying goes "There's life in the old dog yet" Smiley.
Good luck in your new job.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Best of luck - I do hope it all works out for you
Fixes: 47

Many congratulations on both counts and good luck for the future Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Conrgats! Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Congratulations and well done. Hope it's all you want...there's  nothing better than getting paid to do something you like. Smiley