cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel like I've been robbed!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I feel like I've been robbed!

I think it's fair to say that I'm a big Liam Neeson fan after seeing him in Taken and a few other films where he plays a one man agent etc.
For many years I've been saying he would have been an excellent James Bond!
Today I find out courtesy of the DM, that he was actually asked to take the role to replace Roger Moore!:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2576273/If-play-James-Bond-not-getting-married-What-Natasha-...
He turned it down as his then girlfriend (who died a few years back) said she wouldn't marry him if he took the role  Shocked
Gutted! Neeson would have been an excellent Bond and I feel like I've been robbed of what should have been a great James Bond adventure  Angry
With todays make up, special effects etc, I reckon he could still just about do it too - even if its only one film. Facebook campaign anyone?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
5 REPLIES
TORPC
Grafter

Re: I feel like I've been robbed!

If he is honouring a promise that he made to his late Girlfriend than I think he is doing the right thing
However that said
I agree with you that, he would of made a great Bond, & feel we have been robbed,
However a promise is a promise
Fixes: 121

Sloppy reporting...
When I first read the link it said:
Piers Morgan was eventually given the role, and played the spy in films including GoldenEye and Tomorrow Never Dies before handing over to current Bond Daniel Craig.

It now states:
Piers Brosnan was eventually given the role, and played the spy in films including GoldenEye and Tomorrow Never Dies before handing over to current Bond Daniel Craig.

It was Pierce Brosnan
The actor revealed that he was 'heavily courted' to be 007 in the 1990s
Producers were then looking for a replacement for Roger Moore
Also, if asked in the 90's then it would have been to replace Timothy Dalton and not Roger Moore.
I'm undecided as to whether Neeson would have made a good bond but I agree Taken was a great film although Taken 2 was disappointing. I thought he was good in Unknown and After.Life and am looking forward to seeing Non-Stop.
I see, according to IMDB, that Taken 3 is in the pipeline.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

TORPC
Grafter

Will they take it to better taken 2 ?Huh
Fixes: 121

As per my previous post. I doubt it could be much worse.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

TORPC
Grafter

I guess we will have to wait & see if they surprise us Wink