cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I dont believe It haha ( Rapture: Harold Camping issues new apocalypse date)

Steve
Pro

I dont believe It haha ( Rapture: Harold Camping issues new apocalypse date)

The evangelical broadcaster who left followers crestfallen by his failed prediction that last Saturday would be Judgement Day says he miscalculated.
Harold Camping said it had "dawned" on him that God would spare humanity "hell on Earth for five months" and the apocalypse would happen on 21 October.

This guy should be locked up!! Grin
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13516796
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: I dont believe It haha ( Rapture: Harold Camping issues new apocalypse date)

I'm afraid that doesn't fit in with me.. I've to to be here for December 23rd 2012... can we reschedule?  Wink  Cheesy  Grin
Seriously this guy spent $100 million advertising Saturday. He sold his radio stations and downsized another.. he actually seemed to be legit about it.
What does get me though is all these end of the world warnings always seem to come from some religious group in the USA. Nowhere else, just the USA where they can get lots of attention.
I think the end of the world warning game is getting a bit too much now. We had it back in 2000 (approx) when we had that eclipse.. that was meant to end it... then it was recalculated for 11 days later to correct a calender correction from centuries previous... there have been so many its not funny any more.
Don't get me wrong, if God is out there then he needs to get in touch and remind us that we need to do this life thing the right way and help each other and but claiming he's just going to destroy everyone seems a bit bonkers (and frankly old fashioned - i'm sure the lord is capable of moving with the times and learning to teach).
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Pro

Re: I dont believe It haha ( Rapture: Harold Camping issues new apocalypse date)

I think you have just said what everyone on this forum thinks? The way I see It this guy Is just digging himself deeper Into a hole, It could be worse though, His followers could commit suicide on the day, ( Cant remember what you call them pacts ) He should be gagged because he must be putting fear Into people. Only In America!!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

We (the public) should take out a super injunction on him. Grin
Steve
Pro

Nice one journeys Grin Hell on earth for five months? Its been hell on earth for years and years Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

No, it must be a "Hyper" injunction - that will even stop MPs talking about it in parliament!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Sorry off topic, not aimed at anything specific, just a good cartoon
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Don't worry if you missed that end-of-the-world there will be another along shortly.
http://web.me.com/lorenmadsen/endings/pick_a_year.html
Community Veteran

SWMBO this morning
"When the end of the world comes, I hope to be in Derbyshire, 'cause everything happens in Derbyshire 10 years later than in the rest of the UK"
Fixes: 47

I'm 100 metres from the Yorkshire Derbyshire border and that effect seems to leak over slightly Roll eyes
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

[quote=journeys]"When the end of the world comes, I hope to be in Derbyshire
I don't !!!
I spent last week on holiday in Derbyshire, and was struck at just how miserable and negative the majority of the locals were.  Undecided
Now it all makes sense, the locals obviously knew that they have to wait ten years longer than anyone else for the end of the world, and are determined to spread doom and gloom to any outsiders for whom the end of the world will be somewhat of a surprise !
Community Veteran

@purleigh:- sorry about that Embarrassed
Community Veteran

the problem with creeps like camping is that folk take them seriously.  several have gone so far as to sell up everything in anticipation - and send the proceeds to this crook.  one mother was so distraught at what she thought her daughters were facing that she tried to slash their throats and cut her own.  more stories along these lines are coming out of america.
the ffrf has brought proceedings against this perncious old fool.
Community Veteran

Quote from: journeys
SWMBO this morning
"When the end of the world comes, I hope to be in Derbyshire, 'cause everything happens in Derbyshire 10 years later than in the rest of the UK"

The Isle of Wight would also work as its time-locked to 1947.  Grin
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)