cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't want it to wriggle when I pick it up !!

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

I don't want it to wriggle when I pick it up !!

Picked up a small piece of dark fluff off the carpet this morning.........
Only, it wasn't a small piece of dark fluff !!
It wriggled..  Crazy
Of course I dropped it, and it ran away very fast.
In future, I will stroke any such items with the back of a long fingernail.

And your mini scary insect moment is  ?
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: I don't want it to wriggle when I pick it up !!

Finding a spider running round INSIDE my shorts  Shocked
They came off the line the day before, put them on the next day and a couple of hours later I felt something wriggling. Peeled my 'trouser' leg up and saw a medium sized spider running round. You should have heard me shriek!  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: PlusComUK

In future, I will stroke any such items with the back of a long fingernail.

Do you go to the Local Nail Bar, and get them "decorated" ?  or do you do them yourself ?  Cheesy
Fixes: 47

Waking up in the morning, opening my eyes and seeing a big black spider directly overhead on the ceiling.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Thats nothing lol
It's when you're in the bath and they're dangling over you that you need to worry lol.
Do you:
1) Get on with it, hope for the best and get out fast..
2) Pick it up and rescue it with your bare hands to avoid the risk of it sharing a bath with you and drowing
3) Ignore it and hope for the best
Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
kdiment
Rising Star

I think that from about mid-August to the end of September is the time when the really big spiders come indoors, so we are just about in their peak season.
For most of my life I had an irrational fear of the things. They terrified me. A few years ago, on a hot summer night, I was asleep under just a sheet and wearing almost nothing when I awakened by feeling something fluttering about all over me. Sleepily I guessed it was a moth and started thrashing about trying to swat it with my hands. Not surprisingly, this woke up my wife next to me who switched on a light. We found I had just squashed a giant spider. I swore that at one time it had touched both my shoulders at the same time, but I guess that was an exaggeration. It must have been panicking in its attempt to find a way out.
From that time onward, my fear of spiders is very much less. I suppose it was a form of aversion therapy. I still do not like to share a room with one but they no longer trigger the sweaty dread they used to.
I don't know if that tale will help anyone similarly afflicted. I can sympathize with all arachniphobes, and can only be grateful that my fear is so much less these days.
Keith
Community Veteran

Luckily for me bugs don't bother me. The few I avoid are the ones that always mindlessly sting or bite like wasps or large centipedes.
Anyone else finding that there seems to be a lot of earwigs this year? Here they are everywhere. One was even swimming in my bath with me.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I dried my face one morning and looked in the shaving mirror and found a spider 'smeared' across my face.
Community Veteran

Could be the start of a new trend in natural face creams. Smiley
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Slug it to me..
I recently made a night-time trip to the kitchen to make a cup of Tea and some Toast.
After making said items, I noticed what looked like a damp patch on the dark tiled floor.
On closer inspection, it was a very wide Slug.
You've guessed it, I had stood on a large 2" Slug with my stockinged feet.
I hadn't noticed the squidging, but the bottom of my sock was very wet.
Yuk.
Immediately it went into the washing machine.
Then it was kitchen towels to the rescue...
I now look very closely at the kitchen floor in the Evenings !!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I don't mind spiders, snakes, bats etc., I'm OK with most creepy-crawlies but SLUGS, NO!
I absolutely cannot stand slugs, If i'd stood on one with socks (or bare feet) I'd fell physically ill.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.