cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Hate Tags

Fixes: 47

I Hate Tags

No, I don't mean tagging people in this forum, I mean tags and labels on clothing.

Yesterday I bought a 4 pack of briefs to find the information tag was sewn onto the waist band on the inside at the rear.

Not wishing to delve too deeply into where the tag ends up, suffice to say it's irritating in every sense of the word.

Shirts and other such tops often have the tag sewn unto the inside of the collar, another irritating place.

The material these tags are made of is usually very strong and stiff with edges and corners you could shave with.

Needless to say I invariably take a pair of scissors to these labels if they are an addition to the garment.

Unfortunately some manufacturers include the label when sewing a seam making removal more difficult and even resulting in the need for the seam to be repaired afterwards.

I had one shirt that had the label sewn on the outside which meant it didn't irritate my skin.

However walking around with a label displaying "XL" and "Made in Bangladesh" was not my idea of fashion.

My late wife was very adept at unpicking the sewing on labels. I'm more likely to take an Angle Grinder to them.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
7 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: I Hate Tags

Sewn-in labels have never really been an issue for me but those awful plastic tags attaching the size/price/etc can be a right pain particularly if you have bought something to wear straight away and don't have any scissors to hand.

Also, why all those pins that come with shirts? How many times have we left one in only to find it as we put it on. As the shirt is usually in a cellophane packet or box is there a need for those pins?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

The boxers I wear don't have a label at the back but the information is imprinted on to the material which makes for a far more comfortable experience. However, the same can't be said for T-shirts whose label, as you say, invariably ends up sticking out over the neck and is most annoying.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Mav wrote:

Also, why all those pins that come with shirts?

They're a free gift. See those men who wear shirts are supposed to be well off, influencial, powerful etc.... so the companies throw in some free "tools" for them to adjust the washer jets on their big cars to help them pick up the babes!Cheesy

Well.. thats my guess anyway

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Surely though @7up, it you were that well to do, you'd have someone adjust the washer jets on your car when it was being valeted! Cheesy

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Some of the tags on my T shirts from sports direct are about 3 inch long and feels like a mini book attached. On the side not the neck though. 

Community Veteran

Sports Direct - I'd never give that company a penny of my money, if only to save the poor staff form even more work. But I digress, sorry.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Same could be said for many other big businesses.