cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Am So Glad I Never Stuck With T.T.You Thought PN Billing Was Bad?

Steve
Pro

I Am So Glad I Never Stuck With T.T.You Thought PN Billing Was Bad?

I am absolutely mortified by this date change, my DD is usually collected 28th of the month and this month it is 18th!!! I do not get paid until 20th so I am now overdrawn, I did not know a thing about it until 16th when my bill was emailed. I have complained and been told it is happening to everyone, customer service is next to nil with this company.

Billing everyone a week earlier now!!
http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60175
7 REPLIES
nadger
Rising Star

Re: I Am So Glad I Never Stuck With T.T.You Thought PN Billing Was Bad?

I see that TalkTalk charge 3 times the amount that Plusnet charge for not paying by DD  Tongue
Steve
Pro

I feel sorry for the customers, I really do, Their phone prices have shot up as well and are dearer than Plusnets.
Quote:
An important update on your service
On 1st May 2011 some of our call rates will change:
• The cost of a daytime call to 01, 02, 03, 0870 and 0845 numbers is changing to 7.6p per minute
• Chargeable calls that currently incur an 11.14p call connection charge will incur a charge of 12.5p
Please note, these changes don't affect any calls that are included in your monthly package.
We’d like to make you aware that we’re changing our bill payment terms. From March 2011 onwards your monthly Direct Debit payment will be taken 7 days after your bill is produced. There’s nothing you need to do, we will continue to collect payment from you automatically. However, as this is a change to the day we collect your payment you may wish to check your bank account to ensure there are enough funds to cover your future payments.

nadger
Rising Star

Obviously forums aren't a true indicator but it's frightening to see people who can barely afford broadband if they can't manage to pay a week earlier than before.
I think there's a good case for people being able to say, within reason, which day they want money to leave their account. Rather glad I don't have that problem  Smiley

Steve
Pro

This Is a customer of theirs on TalkTalk forum..
I too have been caught out with this one - unawares until a letter from the bank popped throught the door charging me £25. Always pay by direct debit on or around 26th - 28th of the month - always 14 days after bill date. Having trolled through all of Talk Talks website there was a mention of changes for some customers from their January bill. However, the fact still remains and is stated on their web site - payment by DD 14 days after bill - change is payment by card 7 days after bill date. Someone has seen fit to amalgamate DD and card payments under the same heading. Hence I paid 28th Fb and they expect me to pay 18th March then 18th April - its a money making scam and a very strong letter is coming on when I can find out who to send it to!!!!!

And a reply to It from another customer Is...
The bank has charged you £25 up to now; this will no doubt be because you hadn't enough funds to cover your bill because of TalkTalk's scam. However I'm pretty sure that this is only the beginning. From what I've read you'll be getting a further failed payment fee of £10 from TalkTalk plus you will possibly get an additional quarterly charge from your Bank for going in the red.
N/A

it's frightening to see people who can barely afford broadband if they can't manage to pay a week earlier than before.

Yes, I agree with that.  I too am fortunate in that I always keep an eye on my bank account (online) and make sure that I have enough in to meet bills.  I keep a spreadsheet too so I know what is going in and out.  I dislike DD immensely and have as few as I can - in fact if PN would supply a bill for the year in advance, I would pay it, just to get rid of another one.  Oh for the days of my childhood when mum had envelopes with various sums in them for  fuel, rent etc.  I can safely say that despite the fact that my dad did not earn a lot, we were never in debt.
Steve
Pro

My mother In law Is with these cowboys but Unfortunately OR Fortunately haha she Is well off so this wont affect her, Pity as I have been trying to get her over to Plusnet for a wee while now, Better customer service and all that.
nadger
Rising Star

The cumulative effects can really be frightening and could rapidly push someone, on a really tight budget, a long way into debt.
Several million customers paying a week earlier could be a useful boost in cash flow.
@ poppy - with low interest rates I keep far too much in my current account and am also a fan of Microsoft Money - still using Money98 as it does the job nicely. Receiving income weekly, four weekly and monthly can be a help if one plans properly.