Grafter

Re: Hw things have reversed / declined :(

I honestly do not know
Lets ask OJ shall you Tongue Roll eyes
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Max Clifford to serve most of his sentence in cushy prison with special OAP unit
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pervert-max-clifford-serve-sentence-3493486#ixzz30hUGSy7h
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

max Clifford is apparently likely to face new charges in front of the same judge some of which occurred after 2003 law change ......
he's the type of predator that should get hung for his crimes, not be a burden to society with his increased care needs
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

He will probably spend his time in there writing books about his colourful past and dishing the dirt on his celebrity ex-clients, get out in a couple of years (for "good behavior"), then make millions from the book proceeds, and retire in the luxury he is accustomed to.
Community Veteran

I'd personally recommend one certain old mother-in-law for accommodation in Holloway, but I'd feel guilty for the warders. She's frequently guilty of Incitement to Murder (her own).
On cushy prisons we should go back to old style.  Each convicted criminal accommodated in a 4 metre length of 60cm internal diameter concrete sunk vertically in the ground with an iron grille at the top/bottom..  Food and water lowered daily plus a suction pipe to remove waste/rain water.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
TORPC
Grafter

could he survive £8 a week
When he was sentenced on Friday, Max Clifford left behind a £2.5million mansion in Surrey, a holiday cottage in the Cotswolds, a £200k Bentley Arnage and his Rolls Royce Ghost with the number plate RR60 MAX.
But at Leyhill he will be able to officially retire on a prison pension of £8 a week.
Younger cons have to spend part of their basic prison salary to get a TV in their room, but over-65s like Clifford get one free.

Sell all his assets & divide the proceeds to his victims
nanotm
Pro

the proceeds of crime act should be used against him, since he wouldn't of been able to make so much money if it were not for his criminal acts all his possessions (everything apart from his underwear and toothbrush) should be sold and the monies taken by the state, his victims disbursed the relevant amount under the victims of crime system (where they have not already received monies from Clifford)
why let scum like this keep hold of what there criminal activities allowed them to gain !
alanf
Aspiring Pro

I don't see where the Proceeds of Crime comes into sexual abuse. He did not benefit financially from his actions. His victims, however, can sue him for every last penny for any harm he has caused them.
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: alanf
I don't see where the Proceeds of Crime comes into sexual abuse. <snip> however, can sue him for every last penny for any harm he has caused them.

One word
Compensation
nanotm
Pro

Quote from: alanf
I don't see where the Proceeds of Crime comes into sexual abuse. He did not benefit financially from his actions. His victims, however, can sue him for every last penny for any harm he has caused them.

of course he did, his entire business was about extorting money from people on the grounds of publication or withholding publication, he forced himself onto those women and they were trapped into the act(s) on the grounds that if not he would destroy them using his business, as such all monies he obtained should be held forfeit and all his possessions sized under the proceeds of crime act the fact he leveraged his business to coerce people into sex acts with himself makes everything it did under his leadership a furtherance of his criminal act
not even a difficult case to prove now he has been found guilty and isn't even trying to appeal his case !
Community Veteran

While I accept that Clifford is guilty I can't help feeling that a large proportion of the cases against him were no more than casting couch remorse.
Unfortunately for him and his young victims the couch looks to have become a way of life for him and he clearly went too far in treating young girls the same as worldly wise women who must have known the score.