Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurricane Ophelia

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Hurricane Ophelia

europe.jpg

This morning`s satellite pic of Ophelia....

Here is some information from the Express newspaper....

Scroll down a bit to see where the BBC weather forecasters see it on Monday......

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/866373/Hurricane-Ophelia-2017-ireland-uk-news-track-bbc-path-u...

43 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Hurricane Ophelia

Given the Beeb & the MET office no longer work together, there are no BBC predictions there...Crazy

There is this though:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/41622049

Community Veteran

@twocvbloke ok clever clogs.... if you say so.... however.... cogitate on this pic, that I was asking you to scroll down to...

Hurricane-Ophelia-Met-Office-forecast-1096216.jpg

Which shows a BBC forecaster ( I assume )  using a Met Office graphic...

Community Veteran

Nope, MET office weather presenter, working for the MET office, in the MET office, not the BBC... Smiley

Community Veteran

I hope it doesn't happen obviously.

It just reminds me of 1987 when Michael Fish said a woman has called in saying there is going to be a hurricane. Then dismissed it.

She was right, he was wrong. They even had a clip of it on the London 2012 Olympic Games opening ceremony.

Poor guy, he has never lived that down.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Southwest might get a bit of wind.

44.PNG

Community Veteran

@twocvbloke  

twocvbloke wrote:

Nope, MET office weather presenter, working for the MET office, in the MET office, not the BBC... Smiley

Seriously, though.... does that change where, when, and any other information ? nope.... just you trying to be clever. ..

Community Veteran

Well, if I showed a picutre of a Peugeot and called it a Mercedes Benz, I'm pretty sure I'd get corrected in the same manner, since the BBC parted company with the MET office, it's a bit silly calling a MET office video something from the BBC...Crazy

Community Veteran

see my previous post.Lips are sealed

Community Veteran

Accuracy is key to avoidingsuch situations, it prevents things like the daily mail from happening...Cheesy

Community Veteran

So .. I give you information provided by the Express... and you attribute it to the Daily Mail..... kinda messes up your accuracy argument.then...

Community Veteran

Latest update  (19:00 )  Sunday.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/866373/Hurricane-Ophelia-2017-ireland-uk-news-track-bbc-path-u...

Due to hit southern Ireland, at about 08:00 tomorrow and go north easterly across Ireland towards Scotland...

Note.... DAILY EXPRESS linky... ( not daily mail )  ! ! 

Community Veteran

shutter wrote:

So .. I give you information provided by the Express... and you attribute it to the Daily Mail

No, like your mistaking of the BBC (as depicted with a BBC logo generally) for the MET Office, you've mistaken my likening of not bothering to check facts in the style of the daily mail to being the name of the news site you linked to, so, that's another example of not looking at what you're reading... Smiley

You said to watch what the BBC forecasters were saying, I looked for a BBC forecast on what you linked to on the express site, didn't find anything relating to the BBC on the page (as the express wouldn't link to BBC videos anyway because they can't), so I pointed that fact out and linked to an actual BBC forecast on the BBC website, then you proceeded to state that a MET Office forecaster who doesn't work for the BBC was a BBC forecaster, and, well, let's just say, you could have just stopped all this nonsense with a simple "I stand corrected" statement... Cool smiley

Read, fact check, then post accordingly, cos you know full well what this forum is like... Grin

Community Veteran

Nope... I know what YOU are like...

therefore, I refer you to this. 

https://community.plus.net/t5/General-Chat/Hurricane-Ophelia/m-p/1484139#M235227

As you are still acting like a troll, for the effect...

DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

twocvbloke wrote:

Given the Beeb & the MET office no longer work together, there are no BBC predictions there...Crazy

Wrong! 

MeteoGroup's takeover has been postponed until early next year.

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/10/change-to-forecast-bbc-weather-changes.html?m=1

twocvbloke wrote:

Accuracy is key to avoidingsuch situations, it prevents things like the daily mail from happening...Cheesy

Wink