cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Humour - Traffic Warden's funeral

Community Veteran

Humour - Traffic Warden's funeral

The Traffic Warden's Funeral…..
As the coffin was being lowered into the ground at a Traffic Warden’s funeral, a voice from inside screams:
"I'm not dead, I'm not dead. Let me out!"
The Vicar smiles, leans forward sucking air through his teeth and mutters:
"Too late mate, I've already done the paperwork."
Geoff,
York.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Humour - Traffic Warden's funeral

I like it Grin Grin
TORPC
Grafter

Nice one Grin Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Grin
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Reminded me of the time I parked on double yellow outside my main post office. I was only a few minutes.
I was just putting the key in the car door when a traffic warden jumped out from behind the pillar he was hiding shouting gotcha now.
It was only when he started laughing that I realised he used to work at my old firm.
I didn't think it was funny but at least I never got a ticket.
Community Veteran

Round here they take a photo of your car as proof it was parked.  On one occasion when I was returning to my car I saw the warden writing a ticket out.  As I got to the car out came his camera but quick as a flash I started my car and moved it into the centre of the road. No ticket Grin
Not so lucky on another occasion. Popped into Sainsburys for a bottle of milk. I didn't bother to get a parking ticket as I knew I was only going to be a minute. As I came out a warden was writing a ticket. I jumped into the car but he stood in front of it to stop me moving. I put the car in reverse but just as I was about to pull away a second warden appeared at the back of the car to prevent me escaping. A most expensive bottle of milk Embarrassed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I know someone who was in-between jobs and worked as a Traffic Warden (that's a Civil Enforcement Officer for the PC Brigade) for a few weeks.
We used to go out in the same area he worked.
Glad he never got recognised when we were out. If he had been, I suspect an offer of a drink wouldn't have been forthcoming. Roll eyes