Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huhne will be charged

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Huhne will be charged

http://news.sky.com/home/politics/article/16162272
9:51am UK, Friday February 03, 2012
Energy Secretary Chris Huhne will be charged with allegedly handing speeding penalty points to his wife, according to Sky sources.
41 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Chris Huhne

The DPP has announced that Chris Huhne is to be charged over his alleged driving offence.
Community Veteran

Re: Huhne will be charged

Huhne will stand down from the Cabinet and be replaced by Norman Lamb.
Community Veteran

And his ex-wife too - same charge.
It would appear that she didn't think through the outcome of her public response to what appears to be an acrimonious divorce.
"Shooting yourself in the foot" springs to mind.  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Looks like Ed Davey is now favourite to get the job.  Guess Clegg will make his mind up later.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@HPsauce. I wonder if she actually cares about that on the "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" premis. Seems to me she wanted her revenge in any way she could. Frankly I think they both deserve everything coming to them...especially him!!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
randpwar
Grafter

Quote from: artmo
Guess Clegg will make his mind up later

Isn't it DC's decision? He is after all PM. Or are you aware of an arrangement whereby whenever a coalition cabinet member is found lying and has to give up his job (as opposed to those that aren't actually caught lying  Wink ) that they have to be replaced from within the same party, or to end up with the same number from each?
Community Veteran

Part of the Coalition agreement was to give certain cabinet posts to the LibDems and energy was one of them. It will be for Clegg to decide.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I saw Huhne on the TV last night goving an interview and he had that "I'm going to carry on looking confident even though the brown stuff is about to hit the fan" look on his face. As soon as I saw his over confident "brickin it" style face I had a feeling he was going to get charged.
Serves him right thats all I can say. Why do these people continue to think they're above the law? If you or I were caught speeding we'd be expected to fess up and take the punishment. I'm glad he's ben caught. Not just because it shows that MPs can be crims too but because it exposes the Tories for being just as sly as the Labour party. Perhaps at the next election people will actually realise they're both just as grubby as each other and vote for someone else (I doubt it but you never know!).
I hope he gets the book thrown at him. He's abused public trust AND the law.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Perhaps you should check which party Huhne belongs to Undecided Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Madam, when one uses a saw to detach the branch on which one is sitting, it is advisable to be sitting on the tree side.
A bit of a Home Goal what?! 
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

No matter what the outcome for her she will get more pleasure out of what's going to happen to him.
If the situation was reversed & she was a MP and went off with someone else I wonder if he would have taken the same course of action.
Community Veteran

Quote from: artmo
Perhaps you should check which party Huhne belongs to Undecided Undecided

To be honest, I don't really care though artmo. They're all in it for power and money and I don't think many people will disagree with that. I'm not fussed which party he's with I just hope he's used as an example. We've had too many corrupt politicians over the years and they all need wiping out.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: AlaricAdair
Madam, when one uses a saw to detach the branch on which one is sitting, it is advisable to be sitting on the tree side.
A bit of a Home Goal what?! 

To be honest, I can't believe that she hasn't been advised at some point that she could be charged as well. After all at some point if the reports are true, she did indeed knowingly take the wrap for her then husband. Its only later events that have changed her view.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
nadger
Rising Star

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned  Sad
http://ask.yahoo.com/20051108.html