cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How was this done...

Fixes: 125

How was this done...

Assuming it wasn't photoshopped how could the heart have been drawn?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

16 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: How was this done...

A fire dancer photoshoped out at a guess filmed with slow mo camera
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran

Long exposure, waving a long thin dark stick around with a light on the end, holder out of shot.
Fixes: 125

@HP, that was my thought but not easy to get right.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Easy if done with TWO light sticks.... ( symmetrical movements...) .. much practiced in a large mirror beforehand, to get an equi-symmetrical (?) effect
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Possibly done with laser.
Community Veteran

Wasn't there a slow exposure artist who did some very intricate works of "art" with various coloured lights?
A lot more complicated than a simple heart.
Community Veteran

In the good old days you'd do this by forgetting to wind on the film between two photo's
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
nanotm
Pro

given  the array of lights in the backround its possibly done with a heart shaped tube on a wire over the street with a special weave of silver or some such material inside it to change the colour gradually as it shines over the surface, because without using some touch up tools theres no other way to get that image suspended without a person being there ......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

Quote from: AlaricAdair
In the good old days you'd do this by forgetting to wind on the film between two photo's

Uhmm, everybody is concentrating on the heart shape, but what about the moving traffic trails behind. I would ask if this was actually "old fashioned" film rather than digital, and AliacAdair might have something.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 47

A lot of 35mm cameras had a sprocket drive release button to achieve a deliberate double exposure.....my Pentax has.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Amazing how the price of film cameras dropped once digital arrived on the scene.
I Sold a Nikon FE for about half what I paid for it but it will be interesting to see if in years to come the old film cameras become a thing of financial value.
Community Veteran

With the hundreds and thousands even the most exclusive and expensive of film cameras were produced in, I would think its pretty unlikely gleneagles.
However I have a couple of Pentax ME Super's (an f1.2 and a f1.7) an Olympus 35 Trip and a battered Nikon F body that are just waiting until they're a hundred years old to become antiques, but there will still be thousands around tucked away in cupboards, some boxed in mint condition.
This doesn't apply to large format film cameras of course, many of which are still in use <while the film is still available>
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: gleneagles
<snip>
it will be interesting to see if in years to come the old film cameras become a thing of financial value.

The only way that could happen is by collectors of antiques Wink
WTF
Grafter

Apparently, some film cameras are already collectors' items .. though the prices still don't come close to what was paid for them originally: I read that my Nikon FM2 was collectable, but the prices only tend to be around £100 - £200.
As for the picture: those who guessed long exposure, go to the top of the class.  This is confirmed by the car lights on the left hand side.