Rising Star

How to win friends American style

I see they've done it again  Sad
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17123464
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: How to win friends American style

Thing with the USA is that they only believe in their own way of life. They fail to realise that there are other nations and cultures that are different to their own.
Still thats a lesson for them to learn! We're a bit better over here.. we recognise that there is the american way of life  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 105

But conversely they can burn whatever they like and we have to nod and accept it?
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Absolutely not!
I think what they have done is disgraceful and serves only to prove how disrespectful they really are.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Seems a bit silly.... If they wanted to burn those books, because of "security" fears (secret messages inside),.... then surely it would have been better to ship them back to USA and do it on a military establishment, where "confidential waste" is incinerated....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

According to a Muslim caller on LBC radio this morning; how do you think Muslims dispose of worn or unwanted copies of the Koran? They are burnt.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.