Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with a faulty modem

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

How to deal with a faulty modem

Hi All
Just seen this on Cable Forum "How to deal with a faulty modem" it is part of an Virginmedia Employee / NTL Signature, the Video is cool, a great stress buster.   Smiley  Wink
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Re: How to deal with a faulty modem

I wonder if they are all as tough as that! I'll have to try it when I have a faulty one. I noticed the gnome didn't help out Crazy
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Pleas note that all old electrical equipment must be returned to the manufacturer or the provider of the equipment, to be disposed of responsibly under the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (WEEE) Directive.
The (WEEE) Directive came into force on 1 January 2008.
So that meens that PlusNet is responsible for the disposal of the old electrical equipment, that vay supply to there customers free of charge.
Do Not Do What You Have Seen In That  Video.
James
Grafter

I think you'll find that we're not responsible for the destruction of the router that we send to our customers.
Fixes: 104

Quote from: Midnight
Pleas note that all old electrical equipment must be returned to the manufacturer or the provider of the equipment, to be disposed of responsibly under the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment

No it doesn't:
Every year in the UK, households throw away around 1 million tonnes of WEEE such as TVs, fridges, hairdryers and computers.  Householders have no obligations under the Regulations but can help to recycle these goods

from http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/sectors/sustainability/weee/Factsheets/page41148.html
Will Moderate For Thanks