cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to be a chief exec

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

How to be a chief exec

While his minions are struggling with the fall-out from the ACS fiasco where is the chief exec?
[quote=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11435640]Speaking at the launch of the project at Newquay's Fistral beach, Ian Livingston, chief executive of BT,
Looking at the surf report and the webcam on the same page he's picked a good day. I hope he enjoys his jolly.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
6 REPLIES
Simon_M
Grafter

Re: How to be a chief exec

That's what minions are for!
The CEO of BP had the same problem with bad publicity - got it in the neck for going to watch his son in a sailing race.
In both cases, although it looked bad in the press, in reality, the right people probably were getting on with doing the real work where it mattered.
If I were beavering away on damage limitation in BT's legal dept., the last thing I would need is the CEO putting his head round the door, however good it might look on the 6 o'clock news. As BT are trying to stay in the background (being one step removed), I don't suppose the PR dept want the BT chief exec anywhere near the story either.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

So basically you are saying he should be paid oodles of money for staying out of they way.
Where do I apply?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

Oi, no queue jumping, Jelv Tongue
B.
Simon_M
Grafter

No, I'm saying he is paid oddles of money & he should stay out of the way.  Tongue
... and you're both behind me in the queue anyway, so forget it.
After all, I have the experience - I'm the CEO of my company, so I ought to be able to manage BT.
Only flaw in the CV is that I'm a bit short of experience with minions. Does the cat count? Probably not - I do more stuff for the cat than the other way round.
thisoldman
Grafter

jelv  a wee birdie tells me that after the next bt shareholders agm  plusnet might have a new coe
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Not Sebastian please  Cry