cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How time flies

Fixes: 125

How time flies

Saw the Cadbury Cream Egg ad on TV earlier.
I wonder how long till Easter eggs are in the shops?
Maybe there are already  Crazy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: How time flies

They were in the shops last month... Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

There is no hope left  Roll eyes
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

When I was at work at Rowntrees some 15 years ago Easter deliveries started in December! It was a bit of a double edged sword - stock was in the shops before Christmas and invoices were posted in the year before Easter occurred!
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

My Auntie worked at Rowntrees,  around about the 1950`s and into the 1960`s...... Another Auntie worked at Terry`s about the same time.....
both used to bring home brown paper bags of "rejects" for us war deprived kids.... we loved `em.... we didn`t care if they were "imperfect"....  Grin Grin
Community Veteran

Ahhh! The good old days!
Nowadays, there is no reject stock. In fact there is no staff shop! You order on the 'net to "Company Shop" (I think that's what it's called) and it's delivered to somewhere for you to collect. There, everything is available to everyone else in "Company Shop". At best, it's a cancelled export order and at worst, it's aged stock.
Quite honestly, I can do better at Asda!
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter

both used to bring home brown paper bags of "rejects" for us war deprived kids.... we loved `em.... we didn`t care if they were "imperfect"....   Grin Grin

I also remember the brown bag. When I lived in Yorkshire I often got a brown bag of 'reject' chocolates from a friend who worked at Rowntree's Smiley Smiley They were often simply 'unpolished' chocs. Perfect in other ways.