cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How the Government (both of them) is increasing our fuel costs

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

How the Government (both of them) is increasing our fuel costs

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/10/25/energy-cost-review-lays-blame-governments-door/

The cost of renewable energy – as well as gas, coal and oil – has fallen but the benefits have not been passed on because ministers locked the taxpayer into long-term contracts that overestimated those costs, Prof Helm found.

Green taxes will cost the average household almost £150 from next year, according to energy firms.

Prof Helm said this was “significantly higher than it needs to be” to meet the Government’s objectives of cutting down on the use of fossil fuels and 
promoting renewable energy.

He was asked to undertake the research after Theresa May, the Prime Minister, vowed to tackle “rip-off” bills. However, the industry expert placed the blame on the Government’s own policie

3 REPLIES
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Re: How the Government (both of them) is increasing our fuel costs

theresa May, the Prime Minister, vowed to tackle “rip-off” bills. Cheesy 

How about you start with removing the Vat off the bills !!  thats a big rip off

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

Had a letter from my supplier this morning about prices going ..down..down?, eh? Well I did some number crunching using the prices stated in the letter for both electric and gas (we get both from same supplier), and Yes..it's gone down, saving me £178 p.a.  Thumbs Up

I don't know if other suppliers are reducing their prices but it would be interesting to find out, and if so, by how much.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

rongtw wrote:

theresa May,

How about you start with removing the Vat off the bills !!  thats a big rip off

You may remember that when the Tories introduced VAT on energy, Labour vowed to abolish it when they came to power.  As the Tories pointed out at the time, once VAT is put on an item or service, EU rules prohibits its removal, and only allows it to be reduced to a certain level.  That's why Labour were only allowed to reduce it from 8% to 5%.  Perhaps something for the chancellor to consider for his/her 2019 budget.