Fixes: 14

How much for a Neil Diamond album?

How about £2600  Crazy
See here
Roaming network charges @ £8/Mb and a 320Mb album  Cry
7 REPLIES
Fixes: 105

Re: How much for a Neil Diamond album?

this has been going on for years, why are people still getting caught out by it?
Not to say I agree with the ridiculous pricing for roaming / data or calls.. but at the moment it is what it is Sad
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

We've had a work data roaming bill of around £9000, and one recently of £14,000.
Which of course went down like a lead balloon.
Glad I don't have a work mobile, and at least with EE (who I'm with) you have to buy data roaming add-ons in advance. Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

People just don't understand it, although this was a MATHS teacher - should have known better  Cheesy
Never used roaming, not been out of the UK in the past 20 years  Wink  Cheesy
Fixes: 125

I'm afraid they get no sympathy from me and they shouldn't be let off the bill, either.
Read the T&C, check roaming costs and stop whinging that it's everyone else's fault that a mistake has been made.
There was an item on Don't Get Done, Get Dom this morning where a woman bought a mobile contract for her daughter (albeit who had learning difficulties) who then rang up a couple of thousand of pounds worth of calls and expected EE to let her off. It's not rocket science to check online what is happening and deal with things before they get out of hand.
I paid for a mobile contract for my daughter when she was just 17. I checked online most days for almost two years to ensure she never went over her limit. Thankfully it only happened less than a handful of times and normally only by no more than a couple of quid. Even so, she still got a rollicking each time!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Just reading them now - they're good:
I think all Neil Diamond fans should be charged £2,600 as a penalty for encouraging him to release albums.
Community Veteran

The comments are the best part.
If price is related to how dire the music is that you are downloading, I wonder how much it would have cost to download a James Blunt album? £5k perhaps?

And she says:-
"But I also feel it is morally wrong to be expected to pay this sort of money for a Neil Diamond album."

I expect many a taxpayer would say exactly the same about paying her wages as a maths teacher.