cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much extra do you need ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

How much extra do you need ?

I Guess most of us could do with more money but how much extra would you need a week to make your quality or standard of life better ?
I Know a £1,000 a week would do it but being realistic how much more would you really need ?
I Don't mean for holidays abroad or a fancy car I mean the amount of extra money that would make a difference to your life ?
6 REPLIES
Steve
Pro

Re: How much extra do you need ?

Are you a Secret Millionaire? If not then I ain't answering Cheesy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

when I was at work, I collected a lot of Air miles, and again via my credit card, wife hates flying and boats, the the new company have now sorted out Hotel booking, so used some.
Six nights Bed & Breakfast in a posh hotel has cost me the princely sum of £4 cash, as the air miles come in blocks
now stop crying
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

£200, no let me think, £300 maybe ...... let's make it a round £400  Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

higher Cheesy Cheesy
(I did have 30 thousand air miles to play with)
Fixes: 121

I suppose it depends of your definition of better.
If by better you mean enough so that there is no worries about paying the bills and that, towards the end of the month, there is enough left to continue buying the food you need rather than living off whatever is at the back of the cupboard, then considerably less than £1000.
Or, perhaps, better means more comfortable; enough to buy better quality food, heat the house all day in the winter months, have enough petrol in the tank to go out when, where and for how long you feel like. Still under a grand would do it.
Maybe better means looking more long-term; being able to save a little for those little emergencies that crop up like beig able to replace a torn pair of trouser or the worn out shoes, or paying insurance so that loved ones are catered for after death. More than a grand would be a great help.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

Quote from: Steve
Are you a Secret Millionaire?

I'm a Secret Pensioner.
I go under cover and secure positions on the board of a number of international companies.
After a week I reveal my true status, there are tears and they present me with a £12,000 cheque.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation