cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much did you invest...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

How much did you invest...

Were you one of those who invested a big wedge of money in a diamond ring/ear rings/necklace for your spouse?
Very generous if you did but did you know this?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
7 REPLIES
Fixes: 105

Re: How much did you invest...

an investment? no, but a nice gift maybe Smiley
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Haven`t read the whole article,.... but if that lot gets on the market..... the price will dump itself, and you could find diamond trinkets as giveaways in your cornflake packets....  Cheesy
kmilburn
Grafter

Strangely enough,  I doubt it'll get onto the market with sufficient speed to hurt prices that much,  or is that just me being cynical...
Then again...
The Soviet government reportedly discovered the deposits in the 1970s on a scientific expedition, but decided to keep the information secret so as not to disturb world markets and lower the value of their already-profitable Mirny mine further east
LukeAger
Grafter

Diamond Clarity and Colour has as much impact on the price of a Diamond as the carat and so although whilst this is still a massive amount of carat's. The actual percentage of high quality Diamonds i suspect is relatively low otherwise I think their decision to "keep the information secret" would have been the last thing they would have done. (IMO)
Community Veteran

Quote from: kmilburn
 I doubt it'll get onto the market with sufficient speed to hurt prices that much

I would imagine that if the same deposits were here our government would have flooded the market and sold the lot off at the lowest price possible.
Much the same as they did with our countries gold reserves.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

You mean as they did with our nationalised industries??  Cheesy
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

Up until now De Beers have had a near monopoly on the industry and controlled the output to sustain the price.  I would imagine they will be very involved to see the price is protected.