cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long you've been with Plusnet for

ste
Grafter

How long you've been with Plusnet for

On the old forums, there used to be the date you first joined Plusnet under your username so you could see who the Plusnet virgins were and who the old bodgers were. I found that kinda useful for some reason. It's a shame it has gone  Undecided
48 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: How long you've been with Plusnet for

Quote from: ste
who the old bodgers were

i object to that description  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

To give ste a get out lifeline (b and c are only separated by a v) perhaps he meant Codgers, otherwise, as an ex-toolmaker/pattern maker, I also object to the term bodger.
I don't though find any significance to how long PN customers have been er! customers.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

That was only the date the you where registered for the forums, which on the old system was when you first clicked on the forums link in the portal.  A similar date is available on here is you click on someones username to wiew their profile, though the earliest that would be is when these forums where created.
Anyway I've been with Plusnet since October 2003, and have been in and around the forums pretty much ever since.
Phil
Community Veteran

Personally I am happy to be referred to as a Bodger (in its original definition rather than current informal one), but object being called old!  Tongue
I joined Plusnet in 2002, so not really sure what that makes me other than.....  Wink
Community Veteran

I've been a proud PN customer since 17/01/2003
B.
paulby
Grafter

I was with Metronet from about mid 2004 until the tail end of 2006 when my wife's employer decided to pay for our broadband (or not as they moved us to TalkTalk) as she needs to VPN into the office on the days she works from home.  About 7 months later BT slammed our line back (but that's another story) and I've been with PN since then (but her work won't pay anymore as it's not their "preferred" supplier!).  So all in all since whenever PN took over Metronet till now with a 7 month hiccup!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Steady on Bazzer... Proud?
We've been with PN... 1.5-2 years I think. Not been overly joyful with the service. What did annoy me was when PN introduced the broadband firewall without saying anything and suddenly I found my apache server was useless for days. Also the description of our package was a bit iffy too leading me to think I would at least get a few KBps on p2p and I could barely get 300bytes per sec which is far worse than dialup. Despite this no-one at PN seemed to really give a hoot but one chap did admit "I'd expect it to be a fair bit higher than that" on the phone. Then it turned out PN didn't have enough capacity... I've given up trying now. I've missed out on many linux VMs which can only be torrented but never mind. I would at least expect a broadband connection to match dialups 3-4KBps - even if it only matched it. Being worse is shameful.
Anyway since giving up on p2p I haven't been so annoyed with PN. http is fine but ftp can be painfully slow a lot of the time which again makes using my website almost useless. Anyway at least msn, yahoo, skype, ICQ etc work. I only use MSN and rarely ICQ but my missus uses Skype to stay in touch with her family abroad. I'm suprised the webcam and sound still work frankly as I thought PN would of throttled it by now especially seeing as its bandwidth intensive like p2p and we all know PN like to save their bandwidth.
Anyway while we're living here we'll be staying with PN. As soon as we move there will be no point. We'll probably go for Wimax which we have in this area. Alternatively we'll go for 3G as there are no pesky cessation charges although that connection is a bit limited too... but since PN have got us used to that we've learnt to cope with it.
I had a friend years ago who used to operate an experimental Wifi network across an entire town on a Bulldog connection. Everyone used to use it and the speeds were great. No bandwidth caps either or throttling either and it was a shared connection. You can imagine how many people had streaming radio all day, p2p continuously etc. Our PN connection is used privately and we struggle with it. Where is the logic?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
N/A

ste - I know what you mean. On the Force 9 forum it had the date of joining which was probably of no use to anyone but a little nicety IMO. Anyway, as you see, I copied the idea and added it to this forum as a signature so if anyone is particularly bothered I suppose they could do the same.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Joined in Sept 2003 - see attached picture - it was a bit more expensive then
minkey
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Joined in Sept 2003 - see attached picture - it was a bit more expensive then

Even more expensive in 2001  Tongue
N/A

16/01/2004 for me.
Used to pay £25.99 per month. First payment was only £36.68! Bargain in those days...
James
Grafter

I joined as an employee on 05/01/04 Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

must make me an old Codger then, look at my sig below
hadden
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim