cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is this done?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

How is this done?

Please, watch this youtube video, and explain to me how it is done.....
The video is running in reverse, yet her mouth is in synch with her voice... ( in forward mode ! )...

6 REPLIES
gtowen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: How is this done?

TBH I have no idea how it was done, but with computers and an active mind anything is possible.......
IMHO althought I didn't understand the language, a beautiful young lady singing with a well crafted video is all I need to know Smiley
David_W
Rising Star

At a guess I'd say the words were specifically chosen in that way, there are thousands upon thousands (80k+)? English words, but very limited mouth movements, "hey you there" seems to have the reverse mouth movements to "oreo" (which are disgusting biscuits).  Another example is "colourful" which has pretty much the same mouth movements as "I love you", so a really smart person worked out a forward and reverse, assuming it's the actual words being said and not being dubbed over to give a perfect musical score.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Apparently she learnt the song backwards - http://vimeo.com/40698867 (1 min 6 secs in)
Not young enough to know everything
kmilburn
Grafter

Like other video on youtube, sufficient planning and good execution can produce some interesting videos..
Another example I've seen (might have been metioned here previously) is
    this  forward  and the same video backwards or was that forwards...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: 4C
Apparently she learnt the song backwards - http://vimeo.com/40698867 (1 min 6 secs in)

@4C..... Thank you for the linky.... it was absolutely magic..... and I enjoyed how they put it together.... definitely took some serious thinking.... and I would think, some difficulty in learning the song backwards... the final effect is fantastic.
Fixes: 47

Comment from the Youtube entry, translated.
Second single from the album "End Now" Director "Isi Sarfati" Filmed in reverse and in a sequence shot, no cuts and NO SPECIAL EFFECTS, Patricia Manterola had to learn the entire song backwards so that when straightened out image effect: Patricia While singing the lyrics but everything happened in reverse video, 26 hours of rehearsal for a decision! Ⓒ Ⓡ & Patricia Manterola 2009 All rights reserved
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation